Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who needs a result more tonight?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With leeds beating Bournemouth last night, that has opened up the chance of Ipswich going top tonight and also with us dropping a place.

So, will the motivation of going top of the pile be more than the motivation of battling a relegation spot and players doing their best not to get injured for the arsenal game?

lets hope it a good one tonight:bounce:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It means the tractors will be up for it big time whereas we will be nervous as hell, caught between thinking we should win, not being able to score and getting exposed at the back. Wheel loose two nil. FACT

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It means the tractors will be up for it big time whereas we will be nervous as hell, caught between thinking we should win, not being able to score and getting exposed at the back. Wheel loose two nil. FACT

Hope you're wrong!

Think you're right :(

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Utterly bizarre question.

Clearly it will depend on which set of fans you ask. Ipswich fans will want top spot - we'll wish to avoid further relegation worries. Beyond that, it seems difficult to quantify by the amount either club would 'need' a result a tonight more than the other, but let's say we need it 11.8% greater than Ipswich.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's got hum-dinger upsetting the form book midweek classic clash action written all over it! :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
stupid question time.......

Correct. And it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that they will probably get the result, because they're a lot better than us. Although this is the Championship, and we are at home, so all three results are possible. See Leeds v Bournemouth for proof of that.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
tonights game will be treated as a warm up against mediocre opposition compared with the big match on Sunday. I expect manager to rotate squad as we cruise to 4 or 5 nil win. Sunday may be a little harder perhaps 3-1 win.
With our potent strike force we are bound to score several.......... Hoping anyway !!!!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
TBH as the table shows they are a much better side than us and will be very organised. It will be no great shock if they come and get 3 points

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We matched them at Portman Rd until SH took CMS off and allowed their defenders to get forward and they scored 2 goals. If Calderon plays Tyrone Mings left wing back will tear him to pieces, best wingback I have seen in The Championship.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We do.

I don't even know where Ipswich are in the table. I don't know where Ipswich is. I don't even know if they have much of a football history. I don't even know how to spell Ispiwch.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We don't desperately need a result at this stage, seeing as we cannot mathematically be relegated after tonight's round of fixtures and there is a long way to go before season's end, so I'd therefore say that Ipswich probably need it more on balance and I'd be happy taking a 2-0 loss against them and then we'll go again next time out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's days like today when its cold and its midweek and we're crap and probably going to get tonked that I finally understand why my Mrs doesn't understand the point of going to the football.

But then I wrap that blue and white scarf around my neck and head off to the ground. You've got to, haven't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here