Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chilcot Report,delayed.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well what a surprise. I mean why allow the public let alone the news media to ask alot of awkward questions.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why not release the report now most of those who took us into this war have left Government . How ever we must not let those mistakes affect our thinking about how we deal with the currant murders in Syria and Iraq !

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
this should be massive but on the radio they seem more interested in whether a man should be present in child birth. As a general rule, nobody forces you to have a baby, you know what you're letting yourself into and there's too many people in the world at present anyway. Tony Blair should be in prison for causing World War 3.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This is shocking. Last evidence was given in 2011, so you can only assume the delays have been caused by - what? Attempts to water down the findings perhaps? You have to question how "independent" this report will be when it surfaces.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are rumours about that certain members of the shadow cabinet are implicated at the very Center of blair's decision making, and to release the report now would blow any chance of labour getting in at the May election!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why not release the report now most of those who took us into this war have left Government . How ever we must not let those mistakes affect our thinking about how we deal with the currant murders in Syria and Iraq !

This is a serious matter and I genuinely don't think publication of this report should be delayed due to political expediency. But on a lighter note, I can't help wondering if the currant murders in Syria were liked to the sultana strangler in Sudan?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
There are rumours about that certain members of the shadow cabinet are implicated at the very Center of blair's decision making, and to release the report now would blow any chance of labour getting in at the May election!
I think Labour want to lose the election. In times past Tories would win a landslide but a lot of their supporters have kicked the bucket or gone UKIP.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

That doesn't make much sense - why would the current administration be looking to do Labour any favours. I have no doubt about your central premise, the Labour Party are going to come out covered in piss. They'll try and shift the blame on B.Liar of course.

And whilst we're on Government's saying one thing and doing another, it's been 7 months since Theresa May promised an inquiry into insitiutionalised child abuse and it appears she can't even control her own mandarins at the home office sufficiently to get it off the ground.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...iry-panel-member-accuses-counsel-intimidation

Can we all do ourselves a favour and not vote for these ***** if they are going to treat us like idiots.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From the BBC: "One clue as to why the process known as "Maxwellisation", where those who are going to be criticised have a right to consider that first, has taken so long is that some may not have been notified until late last year.

One former senior minister said at least one witness only got the chance to see and consider the documents relevant to them in December."

How long does it take someone to read criticism of themselves and come up with a suitable response? And why should they see the report beforehand anyway?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Exactly. If you let people rewrite stuff they don't like, then what's the point of the exercise?

Indeed. Those being criticised knew why they did what they did at the time, so why do they get months and months to come up with a reason/excuse? I don't think it is a case of them being able to rewrite the report, rather come up with a response. But that should take hours, not months.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is a serious matter and I genuinely don't think publication of this report should be delayed due to political expediency. But on a lighter note, I can't help wondering if the currant murders in Syria were liked to the sultana strangler in Sudan?

Now, now. There's no raisin to make light of the situation.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Now, now. There's no raisin to make light of the situation.

I've checked the dates and I think it unlikely. Perhaps they are looking to prune some of the unnecessary facts and figs to make the report more digestible?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've checked the dates and I think it unlikely. Perhaps they are looking to prune some of the unnecessary facts and figs to make the report more digestible?

Well, that's going to be a plum job for someone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it takes a couple of more months to dot the i's and cross the t's on the enquiry outcome that leads to B.Liar being formally charged with War Crimes, then so be it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's should get his finger out and finish the report all ready. Wouldn't have stood for this nonsense when he was playing rugby.

Gareth_Chilcott.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it takes a couple of more months to dot the i's and cross the t's on the enquiry outcome that leads to B.Liar being formally charged with War Crimes, then so be it.

You only get indicted for war crimes when you end up on the losing side :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here