Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton can bring out the best in Leon [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion new boy Leon Best has backed Chris Hughton to bring the best out of him – for the second time in his career.
Best is in line for a Seagulls debut at home to Ipswich tonight after signing on loan from Blackburn Rovers for the rest of the season.
The 28-year-old previously played for the current Albion boss at Newcastle, where he scored all ten of his Premier League goals after helping clinch promotion.
Best failed to find the net during a frustrating loan stint at Derby County in the first half of this season which saw him mainly used as a substitute late in games.
He said: “Now it’s time to get somewhere, settle and play football and get back to loving the game, playing the game and enjoying everything about it.
“You can only do that by playing, so I’m very grateful that Chris has brought me here to give me an opportunity to play.
“He’s a really good man and a really genuine, honest man and he lets you go and play football as you’ll see and I’d play for him any time I could.”
Best’s arrival appears to increase the chances of Chris O’Grady moving on to Sheffield United, who are keen to sign him.
Blades boss Nigel Clough recently revealed a deal was in place but hinged on Albion bringing in a new striker.
Although Best is now on board, Albion are missing Craig Mackail-Smith tonight with an ankle injury.
Meanwhile Albion are keeping tabs on former Manchester United and Watford wideman Chris Eagles, who recently left Blackpool, as a possible replacement for Elliott Bennett.
The Seagulls are keen to bring Bennett back to the Amex from Norwich City but are also assessing other options.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here