Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York hotels

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have not been to NY for many years but when I did we stayed at The New Yorker.
I remember it being cheapish, good location on 8th Avenue and a good breakfast place on the ground floor.
I am surw some NY based people on here will be able to say what it is like now.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We stayed in the Metro, fantastic location.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stayed in several but mostly on business trips where I've been lucky to work for firms that have top notch hotel lists. Both Hiltons, The Drake, The Alex (changed name now I think), Intercontinental, Iriquois all good but similarly priced usually, could easily be upwards of £200 a night depending on deals/timing.

Got a very good deal at the Belvedere on a personal trip, great location near Times Square and big rooms.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Stayed at the City Club Hotel w44th Street - very nice and very central (less than 3 blocks to Times Square) - quite pricey but you get what you pay for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have not been to NY for many years but when I did we stayed at The New Yorker.
I remember it being cheapish, good location on 8th Avenue and a good breakfast place on the ground floor.

Is the correct answer.

Stayed there 4 times and love it - fully intend to stay there again next time.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I am surw some NY based people on here will be able to say what it is like now.

Stayed in the New Yorker myself in 08. Decent hotel and good location. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was they didn't inform me prior to arriving that I'd have to leave a sizeable deposit for the room. Think is was in the region of $300.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Stayed in the New Yorker myself in 08. Decent hotel and good location. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was they didn't inform me prior to arriving that I'd have to leave a sizeable deposit for the room. Think is was in the region of $300.

That's weird, never had to do that in any of my stays there (04,07,08,13).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Affinia Manhatten..... 7th Avenue just 100 meters from Madison Square Garden...................................... do not under any circumstances book the Pensylvannia,... its a dump.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That's weird, never had to do that in any of my stays there (04,07,08,13).

How odd. Maybe it was because of my age (I was 19 at the time). Luckily I had enough money to tide me over.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Another thumbs for The New Yorker,nothing special but excellent location for the price and the diner does a good breakfast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here