Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train or Bus from Lewes to Falmer

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Will be in Lewes pre match Sunday and planned to be heading to ground sometime after 3.00 but looking at Train/Bus timetables they're just showing regular Sunday service, in which case I might want to think earlier.

Assumed there would be more frequent services ... if so, can anyone tell me when they show on timetables

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This always happens on days like this as the Albion don't control National Rail timetables.

It will no doubt be a full match day service.

But then again with only 23k they might not bother.... [emoji36]

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This always happens on days like this as the Albion don't control National Rail timetables.

It will no doubt be a full match day service.

But then again with only 23k they might not bother.... [emoji36]

Do the timetables change, or is it just pot luck? The bus timetable has 2 just buses in the hour before the game, trains the same :(

Never used either before a game so no idea how it works

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Do the timetables change, or is it just pot luck? The bus timetable has 2 just buses in the hour before the game, trains the same :(

Never used either before a game so no idea how it works

The timetable will probably change, but it's a case of when. Regardless the train is the better option. More capacity, quicker, and more likely to have additional services compared to buses.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Will be in Lewes pre match Sunday and planned to be heading to ground sometime after 3.00 but looking at Train/Bus timetables they're just showing regular Sunday service, in which case I might want to think earlier.

Assumed there would be more frequent services ... if so, can anyone tell me when they show on timetables

To my knowledge they never put on extra bus services from Lewes to falmer. I suspect there will be more trains than on a typical Sunday so that would be your best bet :thumbsup:

el punal

I've just checked Southern's train times for Brighton to Falmer (and back) for Sunday, and they only seem to be running two/three trains an hour. I'm sure they'll be running a football match day shuttle service . . . . . . won't they? ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I guess as it is a Sunday there will be additional rolling stock available unlike for evening games. The train service provided on boxing day was exceptional

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cheers .. will be other end of town to train station, but think that's where I'll head.

Assume queue's not as bad as at Brighton station pre match and that there's no queuing system in place?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers .. will be other end of town to train station, but think that's where I'll head.

Assume queue's not as bad as at Brighton station pre match and that there's no queuing system in place?

I always park in Lewes and get the train, although not done it for a Sunday afternoon ko. Assuming there will be additional shuttles, am usually back in Lewes within 15-20 mins of final whistle, sometimes a bit longer for an evening game.. Service really is very good. Plenty of car parks within 10 mins walk of the station, the station car park itself is obviously very convenient but expensive on a Saturday compared to the others. Might be free on a Sunday (haven't checked) but if so it'll fill up quickly.

Edit - never seen a queueing system in operation at Lewes

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I always park in Lewes and get the train, although not done it for a Sunday afternoon ko. Assuming there will be additional shuttles, am usually back in Lewes within 15-20 mins of final whistle, sometimes a bit longer for an evening game.. Service really is very good. Plenty of car parks within 10 mins walk of the station, the station car park itself is obviously very convenient but expensive on a Saturday compared to the others. Might be free on a Sunday (haven't checked) but if so it'll fill up quickly.

Cheers ... we're coming down on train earlier (coach back) and off to pub at other end of town, Think I'll just get back to station for 3.00 and ignore timetable

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The queuing system is in effect the queue itself down the ramps, although it can be a bit of a free for all on the bridge itself.

I agree though it works quite well, its only an issue on midweek matches sometimes, especially when the club put away fans first (Millwall/Palace) when they run their "specials" train

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The queuing system is in effect the queue itself down the ramps, although it can be a bit of a free for all on the bridge itself.

I agree though it works quite well, its only an issue on midweek matches sometimes, especially when the club put away fans first (Millwall/Palace) when they run their "specials" train

That's at Falmer, not Lewes.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here