Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best: The Poll

Would you be happy with Best?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not likely to be able to tempt better and COG wants out so I guess I'll have to be. If this all happens before the Arsenal game, our forward line will be interesting seeing as Best is cup tied.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Sorry, but why would we want to be putting a player to the sword before he has come anywhere near the Club? When did we get so "big" that we could simply pass judgement on someone very few of us will have seen play over any period of time?? I am gob-smacked at our arrogance sometimes

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, as a replacement for COG, but I reckon another striker would be most welcome as well.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Sorry, but why would we want to be putting a player to the sword before he has come anywhere near the Club? When did we get so "big" that we could simply pass judgement on someone very few of us will have seen play over any period of time?? I am gob-smacked at our arrogance sometimes

I agree although the reality of it is that the arrogance is largely confined to a thankfully small but unfortunately vociferous troupe of impatient posters, the majority of whom are generously imbued with over-inflated expectations matched only by the under-developed intellectual resources they are able to draw upon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've gone from a perennial play off team to a team struggling to sign a half decent target-man lump with an attitude problem to replace an unhappy signing from Barnsley in a relegation scrap.

Sad times. What a monumental f*ck up this season has proved to be.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree although the reality of it is that the arrogance is largely confined to a thankfully small but unfortunately vociferous troupe of impatient posters, the majority of whom are generously imbued with over-inflated expectations matched only by the under-developed intellectual resources they are able to draw upon.

That is almost the definition of arrogance. Hypocrite.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has to be fence. Need to give him a few games, but his recent track record is less than good.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
We should be welcoming this move. As it stands CMS who is our main striker looks like he won't ever score again. COG will chip in here and there so without Best we will be relying on midfielders to get the goals. Fed up with people writing players off before they've kicked a ball.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Look at the Newcastle game first video before making up your mind.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Fence... Didnt score 1 goal for Derby, he might suit Houghton's style of play.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Come on give him a chance. He made THREE starts for Derby.

He might become our Heskey type, won't score a tonne but he'll give us some presence up front and get the best out of our other strikers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just watched the video again. Leon best missed three very good chances and CMS looked the better player on the day. Very much the same style though.

I thought at the time, if it wasn't for Leon Best squandering chances, we would not have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here