Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Arsenal side do we want to see on Sunday?

What Arsenal side do we want to see on Sunday?

• THE BIG GUNS! The best 11 - world stars for us all to admire and enjoy watching on our patch

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • A SECOND XI - with a smattering of household names, giving our boys a better chance!

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's that time - we're all excited about the cup holders coming to town - but do we want to see the big guns, or see a weakened Gunners side with an improved chance to get through. The choice, my fellows, is yours....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Progression-wise, the Girls Under-12's would be probably our best bet.

From the perspective of a football purist I'd love to see Sanchez (in particular) et al, from the perspective of someone who wants the Albion to win...not so much.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Here's an example of a "weakened" side...made up of those not currently starting games/on the fringes + the ones who would HAVE to play due to injuries.

Sczsesny
Gibbs
Chambers
Mertesacker (as they have no other CB's fit)
Bellerin (again, no other right backs are fit)
Flamini
Coquelin
Ozil
Rosicky
Walcott
Giroud (no other forwards)

We're fooked :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I want to see the full Arsenal side, all whistles and bells, it will be an honour to welcome the Cup Holders to the Amex.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My Gooner mate wants me to share his knowledge on what he is expecting....!

sczczny, gibbs, chambers, mertesacker, bellerin, flamini, rosicky, ramsey, ozil, walcott, giroud - sanchez on the bench!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A completely shitehouse one please.

It will be interesting what howtonne puts out as a brighton team. I have a horrible feeling we may see the likes of chicksen and a " we need to concentrate on the league" comment!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'll lose whatever team they put out so let's have their best team please

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I want to see the holders HONOUR the SPIRIT of the F.A.Cup, and field their FINEST team of STARS to defend their TITLE against a PLUCKY Albion side, in front of a ROLLICKING FULL HOUSE.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Perhaps we should handicap Arsenal.If they started at minus four goals we might have 50/50 chance. They are probably stronger than two seasons ago and we are a lot weaker.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Will be a reasonably strong side as they have no midweek games either side of the match.
Would expect Ozil and Rosicky to start for sure and possibly Walcott if he`s fit.
Chambers will probably come in for one of Mertesacker and Koscelny.
Whatever it is it will probably be too strong for us.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I want to see the holders HONOUR the SPIRIT of the F.A.Cup, and field their FINEST team of STARS to defend their TITLE against a PLUCKY Albion side, in front of a ROLLICKING FULL HOUSE.

We have got the FULL HOUSE... now for the STARS and the ROLLICKING :thumbsup:

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
For me I want to see their strongest team out, it's very rare for Brighton to see such quality sharing the same pitch, I for one will be pretty star struck to see the likes of Sanchez, Giroud and Cazorla on the same pitch as Calderon and Forster- Caskey. Good experience for the Brighton players playing against them too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here