Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Sun's page 3

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very good.

Things change for good and bad. Anything related to reducing discrimination or exploitation is usually good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not overly bothered as I don't buy The Sun, but I'd usually have a cheeky flick to Page 3 if there was one laying around. A victory for the PC brigade I suppose. What was the harm in it ? Is the world a better place now there is no more page 3 ?

"Campaigners celebrating" - I mean christ, how empty must your life be to actually lead a campaign on it.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Not overly bothered as I don't buy The Sun, but I'd usually have a cheeky flick to Page 3 if there was one laying around. A victory for the PC brigade I suppose. What was the harm in it ? Is the world a better place now there is no more page 3 ?

"Campaigners celebrating" - I mean christ, how empty must your life be to actually lead a campaign on it.

I am friends with one of the girls who organised it all on FB (used to work with her) and believe me they are celebrating like a 5-0 win against Palace. The official title for the campaign was 'No More Page Three' but I feel a better title may have been "We hate men, no really hate them, aaaagggghhhh we really hate men"

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
how empty must your life be to actually lead a campaign on it.

Different strokes. I'm sure many people think watching 22 blokes kick a pig skin around a field is a waste of time. Plenty of people cared I don't think it makes their lives "empty."

Personally I found it distasteful and contributed towards engrained stereotypes of women, it looked like more of a relic with each passing day.

Do I think it ever did any real harm? Probably not. But then as a straight, white, male, I'm inclined to think that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I think it is yes, not really adding anything was it? Bit of titillation while you are reading your exaggerated and trivial nonsense. Pandering to our base level emotions and desires is exactly what Murdoch wants to achieve.

Come to think of it there is probably quite a lot of harm in it.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Aren't they just going to change it to a woman almost naked for men to goggle over? And isn't that sort of the same thing?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Meaning?

Some women actually aspire to get their tits out on page three. Pretty sad but it's true.

Meaning exploitation doesn't need to come at gun point. I would suggest that many exploited people are making the choice to be the situation they are in, doesn't stop them being exploited. Maybe they have little other choice.

I agree it is pretty sad, but surely it is symptomatic of a larger problem if girls feel that the only thing they can offer the world is getting their tits out for the pleasure of men. Personally I would like to live in a world where girls (and boys comes to that) have a wider choice of vocation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am friends with one of the girls who organised it all on FB (used to work with her) and believe me they are celebrating like a 5-0 win against Palace. The official title for the campaign was 'No More Page Three' but I feel a better title may have been "We hate men, no really hate them, aaaagggghhhh we really hate men"

Celebrating the removal of choice, sad innit. If they all found it so abhorrent then theres a very simple way it not ever affecting their lives in any way - don't buy the thing. But no, thats not enough, they have to have it removed so NOBODY can make their own choice any more. Pathetic really.

Different strokes. I'm sure many people think watching 22 blokes kick a pig skin around a field is a waste of time. Plenty of people cared I don't think it makes their lives "empty."

Personally I found it distasteful and contributed towards engrained stereotypes of women, it looked like more of a relic with each passing day.

Do I think it ever did any real harm? Probably not. But then as a straight, white, male, I'm inclined to think that.

There certainly are plenty of people who think 22 blokes kick a pig skin around is a pointlessly dull waste of time (I've been inclined to think that way most of the season). I don't care about darts either, its the most boring spectacle on the planet, doesn't mean I'd launch a campaign to have it banned though.

Whatever happened to live and let live ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Aren't they just going to change it to a woman almost naked for men to goggle over? And isn't that sort of the same thing?

H, doesn't make a huge amount of difference does it? Still small steps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here