Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Je Suis Cantona' T-shirts

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sweet. :)

catona.jpg

http://www.philosophyfootball.com/view_item.php?pid=1185

25.01.1995 was a kind of 'JFK Moment' for football fans of a certain vintage. Live on the box, Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace vs Man Utd, 56th minute and Eric launches quite possibly the most famous Kung Fu kick in martial arts history.

This was the early days of www.philosophyfootball.com It was just four months since we'd started out. Cantona had come to symbolise everything we were about, the curious collision of philosophy and football. That night at Selhust Park was a time to take sides. United or not, Red or whatever other team colours, we knew which side we were on. Hatred of anybody simply because of the country they were from isn't 'banter', its racism. United against Racism, then, now and for ever.

Was it live? I don't remember that and wasn't it a Wednesday night?

I have the distinct memory of coming home from the pub to hear Steve Ryder on Sportsnight saying one of the craziest things ever witnessed at an English Football match would be shown later.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was it live? I don't remember that and wasn't it a Wednesday night?

I have the distinct memory of coming home from the pub to hear Steve Ryder on Sportsnight saying one of the craziest things ever witnessed at an English Football match would be shown later.

It was live on sky I think, I seem to remember the incident was responsible for a flood of new subscribers

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
This was the early days of www.philosophyfootball.com It was just four months since we'd started out. Cantona had come to symbolise everything we were about, the curious collision of philosophy and football. That night at Selhust Park was a time to take sides. United or not, Red or whatever other team colours, we knew which side we were on. Hatred of anybody simply because of the country they were from isn't 'banter', its racism. United against Racism, then, now and for ever.

Full-on racism v outright (and habitual) thuggery. How about "neither"?

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Full-on racism v outright (and habitual) thuggery. How about "neither"?

Indeed, I bet those Albion fans are angels when yet another Johnny F is lording it at the Amex.

20 years ago eh? Palace in the Premier and Brighton f**king nowhere - groundhog day.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
Indeed, I bet those Albion fans are angels when yet another Johnny F is lording it at the Amex.

20 years ago eh? Palace in the Premier and Brighton f**king nowhere - groundhog day.

It is quite upsetting how things don't ever seem to change I have to say

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And still you're not happy with that, you feel compelled to scuttle onto your rival's site to boast about it and try to pick fights like some retarded 13 year old schoolboy.

Amazing how some people get their kicks.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
And still you're not happy with that, you feel compelled to scuttle onto your rival's site to boast about it and try to pick fights like some retarded 13 year old schoolboy.

I'm very happy with it, thanks, just nice to remind the 'mighty' Albion once in a while.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So happy that you feel the need to try to pick fights on a rival's board. Which kinda means you're not that happy as you claim. I feel your pain.

Marvellous .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

They put forward a good argument for mercy killings. #e-tards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here