Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do the advertising banners benefit NSC ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
There are different adverts that appear on NSC. If you click on it does NSC get paid anything ? Also how does the Amazon connection work. Should I be clicking on the Thai girls banner more?
I realise that we are getting something different.
Should we clicking on these adverts to make Bozza rich .Ha ha!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are different adverts that appear on NSC.
If you click on it does NSC get paid anything ?
Also how does the Amazon connection work.
Should I be clicking on the Thai girls banner more?

Correct there are
I think it does
NSC get a % of goods purchased via the link
Absolutely and the Russian brides ads
No we're not
Immeasurably

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Correct there are
I think it does
NSC get a % of goods purchased via the link
Absolutely and the Russian brides ads
No we're not
Immeasurably

We must be something different as currently I am getting Honda and I have been looking for a Honda.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm currently getting an advert for Dell, which is fair enough, but it's in GERMAN.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
There are different adverts that appear on NSC. If you click on it does NSC get paid anything ? Also how does the Amazon connection work. Should I be clicking on the Thai girls banner more?

The ads are relevant to your internet history. So if you're getting ads for Thai girls....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can anyone please explain these random adverts?

They are sweets :thumbsup:

big_rowntrees-randoms-50g.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When a page renders on NSC, the same as millions of other sites that utilise banner ads, an auction takes place in a split-second at Google and the outcome of that auction determines the ads you (and only you) will see when the page renders.

So if you are logged into Google on that browser and actively use Google as a search engine, or have visited sites that use Google's services then you are more likely to see adverts that are targetted to you and your online activity.

Ads can also have some relevance to the page they are being rendered upon and advertisers can also try to target a site for any reason.

If none of the above are true then you could see low quality ads - dating and the like that mop up the page renders that no one else is interested in.

NSC earns money for clicks made but most of the money is made from the ads just being there. I have no visibility of which is which.

The ads are vital in supporting NSC which can cost in the region of £600 per month to host.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazon - NSC earns around 5-6% (*capped at £6 per item) every time you purchase from there having clicked the link on NSC.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've got an Emirates advert for Business Class flights to Melbourne. Bargain at £3,009...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here