Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One For the Old Punks on Here - Name the Bands

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I got 5, only recognized the Rich Kids, the rest were wild guesses, I never even heard of most of them and I was a late 70's, early 80's punk rocker

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Ten. Started quite strongly then faded badly in an Alnioneque manner.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
11 but only about 5 that I felt confident about. Kicked myself for not getting Punilux right as I saw them a few times.

8 right through guesswork, only one I knew with any degree of certainty were the Hammersmith Gorrillas! How cool, rebellious and punk was it to pose in front of Bodiam Castle whoever you were?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
18 out of 20..but I got Slaughter and the dogs wrong!!!!

I am not sure whether 18 out of 20 is good or shows what a sad little life I have led since 1979?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I only got 6 and I thought I knew my punk stuff (even got Gang of Four wrong!)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair though, most of those bands in the quiz are bands you spurned as you would a rabid dog back in the day, so why would anyone know who they are nowadays?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
10 /20 with a fair few lucky guesses. Only genuinely recognised SLF, the Dickies & The Cortinas

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
An embarrassing 7. I saw The Cravats very recently and managed to get them wrong.

Flex Your Head

To be fair though, most of those bands in the quiz are bands you spurned as you would a rabid dog back in the day, so why would anyone know who they are nowadays?
Nonsense. Everyone remembers the big names who signed to the major labels, but there were so many great little bands releasing their own music, fuelled by nothing more than youthful exuberance and speed. I reckon each of the bands in the quiz has released at least one classic track that would grace any punk compilation worth its salt.

Probably.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
11/20 at least they were real bands, as opposed to made up names which Peter Cook did at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here