Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those with kids

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A wonderful impish lively little boy of 4 lost his life to meningitis yesterday. He was a little unwell for a week and then deteriorated rapidly over the weekend and by the time he got to hospital it was too late for him to be saved. Don't think he had the classic symptoms of rashes and stuff. A tragic reminder of how vulnerable life is.

Meningitis seems to have gone off the radar, 10 years ago there was much more about it in the news. With my older kids it was always on my mind when they were little, less so recently now until now.

All this stuff about stresses on A&E and pressure to avoid unnecessary visits and difficulties in getting doctors appointments can't help. Thought I'd post this as a reminder not to automatically assume it will be OK when your kids are ill, which is my normal approach, or has been.

I'm lucky enough to have been able to come home and hug my little lad, the parents of his mate are in pieces.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All my sympathy goes out to the family of this poor little soul, when my kids were young, meningitis scared the life out of me, probably more than anything else

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here