Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty tackle! In a 'pre-season friendly' too!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Passions run high in South American football, to the point where even their pre-season friendlies feature X-rated acts of violence. The Argentinian league kicks-off in mid-February and Boca Juniors continued their preparations with a sharpener against Racing Club in the annual Torneo de Verano.

Just before the half-hour, trailing 2-1 and already down to 10 men, Boca defender Leandro Marin made life even more difficult by introducing his studs to the calf of Ricardo Centurion.

Juicy slow mo is towards the end :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8yXf0BJa04

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lucky he didn't have his leg planted.

Probably painful, but not along the realms of the reaction.

That reminds me of the Notts Forest friendly for the grand opening of Withdean. Who was subbed on the advice of the referee?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I remember watching a charity game at Worthing when Gus was in charge, featuring an assortment of then-current and former Albion players and staff.

At one point Tommy Fraser went in a bit heavy on Gus, especially given the charitable nature of the occasion. I vividly remember Gus leaping to his feet and yelling at Fraser "if you want to play serious, I play ****ing serious too" the upshot of which was that Tommy got nowhere near him for the rest of their time on the pitch. A charity game it may have been, and obviously Gus was retired by then, but the gulf in class was VERY obvious.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here