Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite london restaurants

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
For those familiar with eating in the capital, what's your favourite restaurant. Thinking of taking the Mrs up there on the 13th feb while we are child free as a Valentine's treat. Looked at some with specific nice views. The Duck and Waffle on the 40th floor of bishopsgate looked interesting... Anyone been there? Appreciate any recommendations! Ta

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Five Guys in Covent Garden

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In all seriousness, Rules in Covent Garden is pretty special, the oldest restaurant in London, and very, very good.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cuisine?
Location?
How much want to spend?
'Experience'? E.g. Formal dining, casual, on-trend etc?

I'll post some recommendations accordingly :)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We had a lovely meal at Kitchen W8 in Kensington. Incredibly good value for a Michelin starred joint in London. Probably far from the best restaurant in London, but really impressed with what we got for the money we paid, if that is a concern!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Out of the rubbish suggested so far I would stick with your original choice duck and waffle which is up there with the best of them.

My favourite restaurant in London and one that the critics adore is ledbury in notting hill. Creative, incredible service and you just do not get a bad dish there.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cuisine?
Location?
How much want to spend?
'Experience'? E.g. Formal dining, casual, on-trend etc?

I'll post some recommendations accordingly :)

Cuisine- we are flexible. I enjoy most foods. However something normal ish please. Can't see the Mrs trying lamb testicles!
Price- again not a major issue but under 3 figures per person! I'm not rich.
Location- Central I suppose. Can sit in any restaurant in brighton and enjoy good food so am looking for something with a nice view for that extra wow factor, ideally of the Thames or the London skyline.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Regency Cafe.jpg

Ranked #113 of 18,043 London Restaurants on Tripadvisor :thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cuisine- we are flexible. I enjoy most foods. However something normal ish please. Can't see the Mrs trying lamb testicles!
Location- Central I suppose. Can sit in any restaurant in brighton and enjoy good food so am looking for something with a nice view for that extra wow factor, ideally of the Thames or the London skyline.
If view is your consideration then duck and waffle is the place....

Other than that sushi samba a floor below or oblix at the shard. Wouldn't bother with aqua shard or hutong at shard - food isn't great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates is a cheaper way to say sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here