Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Regardless of any ticket system issues you have to say the ticket staff are brilliant

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I watched today whilst an obnoxious woman stood in the ticket office demanding a ticket for ten minutes despite being before 2pm, not having a purchase history, and frankly not having any clue about anything other than the fact that she had lived in Brighton for 40 years, and could prove it. She wouldn't let it go and kept waving £40 in the poor guys face. "You have all these tickets to sell, what's the problem". Unbelievable and yet the ticket guy didn't lose his cool once. I've never had a bad experience from anyone in the ticket office. Given the abuse they sometimes seem to face (there was security there today) they do a remarkable job.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I watched today whilst an obnoxious woman stood in the ticket office demanding a ticket for ten minutes despite being before 2pm, not having a purchase history, and frankly not having any clue about anything other than the fact that she had lived in Brighton for 40 years, and could prove it. She wouldn't let it go and kept waving £40 in the poor guys face. "You have all these tickets to sell, what's the problem". Unbelievable and yet the ticket guy didn't lose his cool once. I've never had a bad experience from anyone in the ticket office. Given the abuse they sometimes seem to face (there was security there today) they do a remarkable job.

She's probably a Gooner

Jimmy Grimble

I think I was in the shop at the same time as you buying a ticket for my mate. Could not believe how long she kept banging on. Genuinely wasn't sure if she was just plain thick as she didn't seem to be getting that angry, just kept repeating herself and asking the same questions - almost as if she was trying to stall until 2 o'clock! Amusingly she did re-join the queue after being refused, but not before she seriously asked one of the stewards on duty if he had a fan number she could use!

el punal

You should have stepped in, waved £50 in notes in front of her and said " I'm considerably richer than YOW!".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sounds like the first Mrs SG :nono:
belated lucky escape

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My experience of the Ticket Office has always been a good one. Proper customer (fan) service.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think I was in the shop at the same time as you buying a ticket for my mate. Could not believe how long she kept banging on. Genuinely wasn't sure if she was just plain thick as she didn't seem to be getting that angry, just kept repeating herself and asking the same questions - almost as if she was trying to stall until 2 o'clock! Amusingly she did re-join the queue after being refused, but not before she seriously asked one of the stewards on duty if he had a fan number she could use!

I saw that bit as well. Must have been totally nuts I think. That said I
Was a bit bused how she had managed to get two fan numbers but didn't have any purchase history. How is that possible?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
As an STH, every time I have rung up to move, get additional tickets, claim FA Cup tickets etc, they have been very good indeed. unfailingly polite, very helpful and actually doing what you ask of them - answering the questions you ask rather than the question they want to answer.

I saw that bit as well. Must have been totally nuts I think. That said I
Was a bit bused how she had managed to get two fan numbers but didn't have any purchase history. How is that possible?

Just register on the website snd you will have a fan number. Of course, no booking history until you have bought a ticket

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The women a tout/ trout I always found the ticket guys very helpful and they are doing a good job and does any one remember having to go to a reserve game to buy a tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here