Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Chris Eagles worth a trial?

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
He's just left Blackpool and could be the creative midfielder that we're looking for. I have to be honest, I thought he was older than 29. It would cost us nothing to have him on trial for a week

I think that is a very good suggestion but I would think his surname would put a lot of people off on here

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why has he left Blackpool?
You would imagine they would be desperate to keep that sort of talent...............unless he no longer has it ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why has he left Blackpool?
You would imagine they would be desperate to keep that sort of talent...............unless he no longer has it ???

Probably not at the wage he wants. I was told they get £150 a week retainer and £1000 appearance money £1000 a point and £1000 if they score a goal.

So if he scored a goal and they won 1--0 he would get £5150 or £4150 if he just played and didnt score.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think that is a very good suggestion but I would think his surname would put a lot of people off on here

Easy solution would be for him to play with C. Eagles on the back of his shirt, that would make it a lot more pleasant.

Could be a handy short term signing til end of the season, need a creative midfielder who can play outwide and whip crosses in. Bit of added experience in midfield would also be a bonus.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should be at his peak age (or is this younger nowadays?) and got to be his last chance. He looked a useful dribble and run with it midfielder in the PL a few years back with Bolton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Probably not at the wage he wants. I was told they get £150 a week retainer and £1000 appearance money £1000 a point and £1000 if they score a goal.

So if he scored a goal and they won 1--0 he would get £5150 or £4150 if he just played and didnt score.

Interesting. If they travel to an away game and lose to nil that means the whole team are on less than the national minimum wage (travel, and even sleep time count). You could almost feel sorry for them given their results this season. :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting. If they travel to an away game and lose to nil that means the whole team are on less than the national minimum wage (travel, and even sleep time count). You could almost feel sorry for them given their results this season. :lolol:

If they did as you say they would get £1150 is that below the national average wage? I was told this by a scout for another club so dont know if it is gospel or scouts gossip, but listening to Oysten on the radio I would think it could be correct.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If they did as you say they would get £1150 is that below the national average wage? I was told this by a scout for another club so dont know if it is gospel or scouts gossip, but listening to Oysten on the radio I would think it could be correct.

Apologies BG. No argument from me that it is what they are paid. I was thinking of someone sat on the bench (but didn't say it). Would they get a match fee if unused?
I actually quite admire the pay structure at Blackpool. It seems to be about the only thing that the odious Oyston's have done that makes sense

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That raises the point does the manager make a substitution in the 88th minute to earn the player money or not to save the club money? Where are his loyalties tied. I would suggest that the entire 18 man squad named, assuming they name 7 subs which I think they havent for a couple of games, get the appearance money to avoid that situation.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Looks like jack grealish is going to be moved out on loan from villa, that would be a good signing
SUCH a good shout. He's Villa's brightest prospect in years and the few times I've seen him come off the bench for the last 15 or so, he's looked MINT. Very quick, tricky, technically good and keen to be direct and get at defenders. If we're going to be bringing in more loans, I'd rather it was young premier league starlets with something to prove than ageing journeymen whose faces don't fit at their parent clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here