Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Kieran O'Regan

mytimeinfootball

Jan 6, 2015
Afternoon everyone,

Not posted on here before but I run a website which features interviews with former footballers. Our section on Brighton is now up and running after I spoke to Kieran O'Regan, who moved over from Ireland to start his career at the Goldstone Ground in the early 80s, making a total of 99 appearances for the club.

Really enjoyed my chat with Kieran who spoke about joining Brighton as a youngster, making his debut in the old First Division and not to mention being involved in the famous FA Cup run.

http://mytimeinfootball.com/Kieran_O'Regan

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
A few years ago he was doing the match day commentary on the radio when we were playing away to Huddersfield. I seem to remember him talking about the time he got on the team coach and was told, "sorry sonny, but this is the player's coach". They thought he was a schoolkid after autographs.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
A few years ago he was doing the match day commentary on the radio when we were playing away to Huddersfield. I seem to remember him talking about the time he got on the team coach and was told, "sorry sonny, but this is the player's coach". They thought he was a schoolkid after autographs.
He really did look like a fresh-faced scholar but I loved the way he played. Did sort of alright with us but what happened to him afterwards. Anyone know?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Afternoon everyone,

Not posted on here before but I run a website which features interviews with former footballers. Our section on Brighton is now up and running after I spoke to Kieran O'Regan, who moved over from Ireland to start his career at the Goldstone Ground in the early 80s, making a total of 99 appearances for the club.

Really enjoyed my chat with Kieran who spoke about joining Brighton as a youngster, making his debut in the old First Division and not to mention being involved in the famous FA Cup run.

http://mytimeinfootball.com/Kieran_O'Regan

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. And a bit of a SCOOP too, on the Melia bit.

Loved KO'R. My very first Albion hero, and still one of my all time favourite Albion players.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great stuff
thanks

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A really heartwarming read...

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Watching the old home made Albion highlights from TVS one day, when a West Brom mate says 'we've just signed Kieran O'Regan! He was one of yours, any good?' At that exact moment the video showed him slipping on his arse as he tried to take a corner for Swindon. (Never got the nack of editing videos) my mate said 'Nuff said!' And walked away. I thought it was a bit harsh as I was a fan, had him painted up as a sub for my subbuteo team.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Always liked him and often wondered why we didn't hang on to him for longer. A good read, thanks :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here