Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Massimo Cellino: Leeds owner loses Football League appeal

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30879809

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has lost his appeal against the Football League's decision to disqualify him from owning the club.

He was disqualified in December after the League obtained documents from an Italian court, which had found Cellino guilty of tax evasion.

The 58-year-old Italian is prohibited from having anything to do with the running of the club until 10 April.

Leeds are currently 20th in the Championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The issues are......

(A) he has continued running the club during his appeal thereby reducing any sanction

(B) he will doubtless continue running the club for the next 4 months and there is nothing anyone can do to prove he is.

In similar circumstances the league have written to Birmingham City asking if Carson Yeung (who is actively and very publicly manipulating Board membership whilst disqualified and in jail) is involved in its management. The (current) Board have said no and the League have taken no punitive action.

Completely meaningless rules which club after club (Portsmouth and Cardiff being my "favourites") have driven a coach and horses through.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In his position as the owner I would bring in a relative as the front face and them report back to me at home for any decisions or guidance as to the decisions that they make.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
They really are a club on a downward spiral. Does make me realise how lucky we are to have a true fan at the helm of our club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In his position as the owner I would bring in a relative as the front face and them report back to me at home for any decisions or guidance as to the decisions that they make.

I'd probably do the same with a friend, but can understand it from your position..........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bates, Ridsdale, Cellini. And yet they had a bloody good chairman in Leslie Silver from 1981 - 1996 who died just 3 weeks ago, a WW2 RAF veteran. It's sad what this club has become.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he was to appeal the sports court of arbitration in europe or some other european court it would probably take until April to be heard. So he actually serves no ban.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Football League should never have let this bloke take over in the first place, now they are making themselves look more clueless with this "ban".

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I wonder who will be dealing with all the transfer activity while he is banned......oh wait a minute.

Basking in Leeds utds downfall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here