Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the AMEX's other 'how did he not score' moments?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brentford's comedy miss on Saturday has to be the easiest, but how many other 'how did he miss that' have there been?

I think we should include any 'world class' saves that have thwarted obvious 'goals'.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I remember Orlandi missing a sitter

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ulloa had a pretty poor miss against Burnley not long after he signed f I remember correctly?

And there was that free header that would have put us 2-0 up vs Hull in the cup last year. I'm totally over that though....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS, Saturday 17th at roughly 16.05 hrs.

Useless.

This. I still have a chuckle when I think of Stat Brother floundering when trying to justify that CMS isn't a league one striker. He really is wànk.
I have been quiet for a little while now, which is a shame.

I would say this thread isn't for 'decent chances that should have been goals'.
But proper f**knuttary that unbelievably weren't goals.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not the Amex but Brightons most costly miss,Surely with less than on minute to go."Smith miss to win Brighton FA cup" Why did Robinson pass?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have been quiet for a little while now, which is a shame.

I would say this thread isn't for 'decent chances that should have been goals'.
But proper f**knuttary that unbelievably weren't goals.

Yes, I refer you back to 16.05 on Saturday 17th January 2015. If that had fallen to david ****ing stockdale it would have been in the net, ANYONE but McSmudger.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Didn't Colunga almost send one into orbit from 2 feet out at the South Stand end?

If we're doing costliest anywhere, up there must be Hammond's header at Smellhurst.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember Barnes skied one from about 5 yards in the north (following a Kazenga cross?) - but can't remember who it was against or when it was. So not much use really.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I remember one against Hull in the league a few years back - an incredible ball by Vicente in the build up and the ball eventually came to Orlandi who blazed it over when it seemed easier to score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here