Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] ***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII GROUP A***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's finally here! It's time to stop the jibber jabber, the posturing, the boasts and get down to the serious business of finding out just who is the hardest creature of 2015.

Group A will consist of 11 combatants, the top four will progress to the knock out rounds. THINK CAREFULLY before voting, you can only vote for one beast. And remember, we are trying to find the world's hardest pound for pound creature. That means size is not the be all and end all. Aggression, relative strength, hardiness are all factors that should be taken into consideration. Also, feel free to add photos and videos to help your argument.

So, without further ado, here are the eleven competitors in Group A:

Puff Adder
Puff-Adder_682_731083a.jpg
This poisonous little beast is responsible for more deaths than any other snake in Africa. While it's poison, if left untreated can lead to death, against smaller beasts the physical trauma(power of the hot and depth of the fangs penetration) of the attack is so strong that many prey die from that alone. A nasty little bugger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitis_arietans

GRIZZLY BEAR
3418047-4757105568-grizz.jpg
Two metres tall, up to 360kg in weight the grizzly bear has intimidating size and power on its side. An omnivore he will eat most things, hunting large beasts such as Elk and Caribou. He is the king of his domain, if he wants someone elses kill he'll just saunter in and take it. Very few beasts put up a defense, well aware that they'll com out second best against a creature as strong as the Grizzly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_bear#Range_and_population

Tabby Cat
This years 'comedy' nomination. Doesn't belong in the tournament but it was nominated and seconded so here it is. Think of your own reasons why it should get a vote because I can't think of any.

Wolverine
wolv1.jpg
This ferocious, solitary little beast has not so far had the success that it deserves in the WHC competition. A small, muscular beast it is noted for its ferocity and strength disproportionate to its small size and its ability to kill prey many times its size. It has been known to defend its kills against bears and wolves and has even been known to try and steal kills from bears. It is a small, heavily muscled beast with powerful jaws, razor sharp claws and a thick hide. He possesses all the qualities that this competition is looking for. Can this be the year that he finally gets the recognition that he deserves?

Salt Water Crocodile
Saltwater+crocodile+attacks.jpg
The Crocodile is one of the greats of the WHC competition. A three time finalist he's never failed to reach at least the semi finals. He is an apex predator, the terrestrial and riparian predator in the world, capable of taking anything that enters its territory. Possessing a tremendous burst of pace on both land and water the crocodile is surprisingly agile allowing it to take out any prey large or small. It has the most powerful bite force of any creature alive-higher even than the estimated force of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Their skin is thick, almost like armour plating, they can survive months without food and can survive comfortably with a missing tail or limb. Whichever way you define hard, the crocodile has it in abundance and should once again go deep in the competition, but does it have enough in its locker to take the last step and finally be crowned champion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile#Hunting_and_diet

Stone fish
stonefish-04046.jpg
This hard little fish unsurprisingly looks like a stone, meaning it sits on the ocean floor, well camouflaged and ready to strike. When disturbed they will shoot venom into their 'attacker' causing considerable pain and in some cases death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synanceia

Elephant
an-angry-elephant-bull.jpg
What can I say? Its the Elephant. We all know what they bring to the table. Awesome size, strength and power plus high intelligence. Due to this they are generally peaceable creatures, safe in the knowledge that no-one an mess with them. If another best does have a go, the elephant can turn very aggressive and the outcome is never good for the attacker. That said, the Elephant never really does much in the WHC competition. Prhaps this will be the year that that changes?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant#Etymology

Jumping Jack Ant
mym65a.jpg
This feisty little feller made his debut last year. He is a courageous(will attack even if the chances of survival are minimal), vicious creature who is a skilled hunter possessing excellent vision. They will prey on other insects, including other ants, and will even take on bees, wasps and spiders. They have been known to follow their prey before attacking. And when they do attack they attack with razor sharp mandibles and a sting that injects a lethal venom. They have been spotted devouring the carcasses of animals as large as dogs and their stings have even been known to kill humans. This ant is a real contender to do well in this competition, but can it garner the support it deserves?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_ant#Description

Grasshopper Mouse
mouse_fightingcentipede_480x360.jpg
This creature made its debut last year and what a debut it was, reaching the quarter finals. If you're unfamiliar with it, you might be wondering what a mouse can bring to the WHC party? Well, a lot is the answer. It is carnivorous, eating insects, worms, snakes and even other mice. Highly territorial and aggressive grasshopper mice are found in very low densities. Their territory can be as large as 28 acres. They hunt their prey by stalking them from behind before launching a vicious attack. They are known to howl like a wolf too when defending their territory. If you put a group of grasshopper mice in the same cage when you come back a few hours later there'll only be one left as they will attack and kill each other. Oh yeah, it's immune to many venoms too. A great competitor that should cement its reputation as one of the best in the competition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

Bobbit Worm
bobbit.jpg
This beast of the deep is making its debut in the WHC competition. It buries itself on the sea bed, with only its five antennas protruding. When an unsuspecting victim brushes past one of the antenna the bobbot worm strikes with such speed and power its been known to slice its prey in half. Their bite also injects a toxin into their prey making it easier for the worm to eat it if the prey is larger than itself. The worm can grow up to 3 metres in length although the average length is 1metre. Named after Lorenna Bobbit who famously cut off her husbands penis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunice_aphroditois

Great White Shark
great-white-up-close_6455_600x450.jpg
The GWS is entering its eighth WHC campaign. Despite being one of the most commonly cited hard beasts of the world it has never gone further than the last eight of the WHC competition. Noted for its ferocity and size-it can grow to 6.4metres in length and 3,300kg in weight-it also possesses great power and, something that rarely gets mentioned, an extra sense allowing it to detect the electro magnetic field given off by living, moving animals. This makes it a deadly hunter as it can detect a force of just half a billionth of a volt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark#Anatomy_and_appearance

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i feel like the Wolverine has been criminally undervalued in this contest for far too long. He has all the attributes of the honey badger but without the fanfare. He is aggressive, indiscriminate in his choice of targets and mean as anything

The thinking mans choice- THE WOLVERINE

Yoda

English & European
Great White, the undisputed king of the sea in terms of hunting. All it does is swim, eat and make more baby sharks., the perfect killing machine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's croc or white shark for me.

For the reason that a white shark scares the sh*te out of me more than the croc, I'll be plumping for that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i feel like the Wolverine has been criminally undervalued in this contest for far too long. He has all the attributes of the honey badger but without the fanfare. He is aggressive, indiscriminate in his choice of targets and mean as anything

Have to agree with this - just look at that picture - utterly VICIOUS !!!!!

Oct 25, 2003
what exactly does a GWS actually go for? it's shit scared of orcas and gets beaten up by DOLPHINS ffs! it goes for seals and some floppy haired australians....anything else?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great White, the undisputed king of the sea in terms of hunting. All it does is swim, eat and make more baby sharks., the perfect killing machine.

Other than the Orca's that flip it over, the great white goes into a trance like state and the Orca's eat it….

We now know the Great White is not the apex predator of the sea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Wolverine is a good shout.

:facepalm: to people still misunderstanding the meaning of the word hard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's croc or white shark for me.

For the reason that a white shark scares the sh*te out of me more than the croc, I'll be plumping for that.

The shark scares you more than the saltie? Definitely the other way round for me.

If you were in the water with one of these two, I reckon there is a CHANCE that the shark just might swim by and ignore you. Just a chance. Not the croc though. He'd kill you anyway, even if he were not hungry, just because he's a nasty *******.

Also, with the shark, if you did make it to the shore, you're safe. The croc would come storming up the beach and kill you there instead.

Croc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Jumping Jack Ant is pound for pound hard. They are extremely aggressive, have no fear of death, and will attack anything if threatened. They are also one of the most dangerous species of ants to humans.

Don't be sucked into Hollywood depictions of Carcharodon carcharias, or prehistoric reptiles. The ant is hard. If you scaled yourself down, it would be the creature you'd be most terrified of.

Jack jumper ants are highly territorial; fights among jack jumper ants are not uncommon, even between ones of the same colony. They are well known to be aggressive towards intruders, and have well developed vision, being able to observe and follow intruders from a metre away. Jack jumpers are easily attracted to movement. Wheeler (1922) compares jack jumper ants to "Lilliputian cavalry galloping to battle" when they are disturbed, due to their jumping behaviour."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here