Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do people still get their heads stuck in park railings ?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Park railings were commandeered during the war to provide metal for the war effort, - so no.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Norman Price in Fireman Sam seems to get his head stuck in railings quite often. Either that or I have just seen the same episode too many times!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Norman Price in Fireman Sam seems to get his head stuck in railings quite often. Either that or I have just seen the same episode too many times!!

I think Station Officer Steele gives Norman a bag of sweets every time he does it, as it keeps their callout numbers high enough to prevent Pontypandy fire station being closed!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think Station Officer Steele gives Norman a bag of sweets every time he does it, as it keeps their callout numbers high enough to prevent Pontypandy fire station being closed!

That and Bella Lasagne - I am sure there was something 'going on' there too!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Saw the Dad's Army episode on Sat and it was pure quality. Also yesterday's Steptoe & Son on Gold with Leonard Rossiter playing the Wormwood Scrubs escapee was as brilliant as it was 40 or so years ago when first screened.
A few of the modern day so called comedy writers could learn a thing or two about structuring a comedy 1/2 hour by watching those two episodes.

did I chuckle!

TNBA

TTF

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

It was in a fireman book my son currently has "and they also help people who have trapped their heads in railings". It seemed a bit odd.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I think the specific act is reserved for men on stag dos, and characters in the Beano.

Come to think of it, does the Beano still exist?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the specific act is reserved for men on stag dos, and characters in the Beano.

Come to think of it, does the Beano still exist?

Part of the crisis in our health and emergency is brought about by the stupidity of a high percentage of the population.

A friend works in Worthing Hospital and says that A&E is in meltdown and often overflowing due to the kids with Saucepans stuck on their heads, people with poorly bandaged immensely swollen thumbs. Add to this those with their hands stuck in letterboxes and vases and the morons with bumps on their heads sticking up about 6" high complete with a small flock of circling singing Bluebirds.
Outside it's even worse, people stuck head first in railings or their hands stuck down drains or immobilised by sitting down on a recently painted park bench. Throw in the huge number of people slipping up on Banana skins and stung on the nose by a Wasp and you can see why this country is in crisis.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Part of the crisis in our health and emergency is brought about by the stupidity of a high percentage of the population.

A friend works in Worthing Hospital and says that A&E is in meltdown and often overflowing due to the kids with Saucepans stuck on their heads, people with poorly bandaged immensely swollen thumbs. Add to this those with their hands stuck in letterboxes and vases and the morons with bumps on their heads sticking up about 6" high complete with a small flock of circling singing Bluebirds.
Outside it's even worse, people stuck head first in railings or their hands stuck down drains or immobilised by sitting down on a recently painted park bench. Throw in the huge number of people slipping up on Banana skins and stung on the nose by a Wasp and you can see why this country is in crisis.
:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

:clap:

On a serious- but also laughable- note, I once asked a nurse in A&E at the RSCH how often they admit patients with, shall we say, foreign objects stuck in awkward orifices.

She said (1) it's a fairly regular occurrence; (2) they always tell the medical team that it happened after they slipped and landed on the object whilst performing some routine household task; and (3) curiously, they're almost always naked whilst performing said task.
:D

A good friend's wife works at Redhill hospital and has a few equally wince-inducing stories of patients and their unfortunate insertions (nearly all of these type of patients are men, for some unknown reason).

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
When I was at school there was a rumour going around that I guy on his stage do was chained to railings up at Duke's mound and left there with his pants down and his anus performing the role of a cum receptacle for Kemp town's finest.

Did anyone else hear this story?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here