Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering MADNESS

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Every game I purchase in WSU a pint (for myself) and a tasty cheeseburger (for my son) and It costs me £8.

A Cheeseburger on it's own is £4.60 and the Harveys is £4.20 so a nice little saving.

I decided to meet up with a mate in WSL and purchased a Hot Dog (to share) and a Pint (for me).

Now, the Hot Dog on it's own is £4 and I was charged £8.20 for both.

I am imagine after reading this you too are as enraged as I was, and I can inform you that after speaking with the 'On Duty Catering Manager' he shrugged and said "No, it doesn't make sense does it."

Madness

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Better off buying from the stalls outside of the station. Mind yesterday he emptied 2 jars of large hotdogs 8 or 10 in a jar into the water to cook. The jars are the ones my wife buys for the grandchildren from the 99p shop.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£4 for a hotdog is indeed madness

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
So the hot dog on its own is £4 and the pint on its own is £4.20 and you were charged £8.20?

Am I missing something?!?!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd imagine attaching the words "meal" or "deal" against an Amex hot dog are a marketing exercise too far.

£4 quid for those hot dogs, remarkable.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Not sure what's more shocking? The fact you were outraged you were charged £8.20 for something that cost £8.20 or that you paid £8.20 for a pint and a hot dog!!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Every game I purchase in WSU a pint (for myself) and a tasty cheeseburger (for my son) and It costs me £8.

A Cheeseburger on it's own is £4.60 and the Harveys is £4.20 so a nice little saving.

I decided to meet up with a mate in WSL and purchased a Hot Dog (to share) and a Pint (for me).

Now, the Hot Dog on it's own is £4 and I was charged £8.20 for both.

I am imagine after reading this you too are as enraged as I was, and I can inform you that after speaking with the 'On Duty Catering Manager' he shrugged and said "No, it doesn't make sense does it."

Madness

Lucky mate of yours with you treating him to half a hot dog bet he was chuffed. :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lucky mate of yours with you treating him to half a hot dog bet he was chuffed. :thumbsup:

Just curious - was the hot dog shared down the middle, or did one of you have the bread and the other the sausage ? Were there onions involved ? If so did you count half each ?

Re the pasta, no. In WSL on Saturday (South End) they were selling pasta, stew with a roll and some kind of bean and sausage pot. Didn't see ANYONE eating any of them. Barber OUT (although the guest pie was ok)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The hotdog was shared by equally in half, perpendicular to the 'frankfurter'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here