Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund - New Chairman

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund is delighted to announce the new Chairman, Mike Langridge the son of REMF Chairman, Tony Langridge. RIP. Vice Chairman is the fundraiser Extraordinairre Brett Mendoza. An exciting and vibrant new team.

Please support them in pushing the REMF onto greater things.

I am sure Tony is looking down and feeling very proud.

Further details to follow.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
His uncle is, well done Mike and Brett, Tony and Gareth have given you a great legacy to continue.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is this a hereditory monarchy all of a sudden?
Or North Korea?

:jester:

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
His uncle is, well done Mike and Brett, Tony and Gareth have given you a great legacy to continue.
Thank you Uncle Chris!!
I'm looking forward to it, but it's big shoes to fill following on from Dad and Gareth. They have done the charity proud and taken it far. I'm sure myself and Brett will do our best and carry on with growing it and supporting the charities that the REMF are already associated with.
I'll put you down for coming to this years golf day as well!! ;)

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
I would like to add, that it wasn't an easy decision. After being asked to consider this role I did have reservations. Dad loved this charity and devoted a lot of time and effort to it. I was more worried about not being able to continue at the same level.
Myself and Gareth obviously spoke about all of this and it was also decided that with Brett, who is a great fundraiser and also cares for the charity, and Gareth still heavily involved with the REMF and his knowledge, that we could make this work and carry on doing fantastic things for those less fortunate.
To carry on from Dad, for me, is a really special honour. I feel very honoured to of been asked.
I would also like to thank the Eaton family for welcoming myself and Brett in and giving us this chance.
Here's to a fantastic 2015!
Mike.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done all - absolutely love the REMF and excited Tony's name in the REMF will live on through his son.

On another note, may I suggest looking at an REMF darts comp again?!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Congrats to both. eternally grateful for all the money that has helped out here in Kenya. Brett has also seen it here first hand for himself and so he really knows just what a difference it is making to the lives of individuals out here. All the best, keep up the good work :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great choice. Can't think of anyone else who would fill Tony's boots as well as Mike will do. Mike is a top top guy! :thumbsup:

Nice one guys.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I would like to add, that it wasn't an easy decision. After being asked to consider this role I did have reservations. Dad loved this charity and devoted a lot of time and effort to it. I was more worried about not being able to continue at the same level.
Myself and Gareth obviously spoke about all of this and it was also decided that with Brett, who is a great fundraiser and also cares for the charity, and Gareth still heavily involved with the REMF and his knowledge, that we could make this work and carry on doing fantastic things for those less fortunate.
To carry on from Dad, for me, is a really special honour. I feel very honoured to of been asked.
I would also like to thank the Eaton family for welcoming myself and Brett in and giving us this chance.
Here's to a fantastic 2015!
Mike.

Really great to see the Langridge family still heavily involved in this, Tony would be so proud.

Has there been a date set for the REMF golf day?

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Really great to see the Langridge family still heavily involved in this, Tony would be so proud.

Has there been a date set for the REMF golf day?

There is a golf day booked for this year. Myself and family will be putting it on. Turns out dad had already pre booked it for 2015. It will be in June again. My sister is currently just getting full details from mid Sussex......so watch this space!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On another note, may I suggest looking at an REMF darts comp again?!

Sign me up for a darts comp, a good opportunity to throw some sharp objects and raise funds for a very worthy cause.

Good luck to the new Chairman, and RIP to your father.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If anyone needs an REMF vest for the half marathon, I have one nicely washed that I could bring on Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here