We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well the punishment didn't work.

This post is not very amusing either :)

Just for total transparency...

He edited another user's post within the "reply with quote" function to read " Thanks for your Palace input. Are you a bit of a queer boy?"

This post, part of a sequence of such posts, increasing in unacceptability, was unsurprisingly reported by more than one user.

For this post, he garnered a 3 day ban, which was communicated to him along with the following explanation: "Making another user appear homophobic isn't remotely amusing to the majority of users" attached to the offending post, so that he could see the explanation and the post to which the explanation referred.

So, his assertion that he had "...not the faintest idea what they were referring to..." is patently untrue.

This individual was a troll, and an unpleasant one at that. Good riddance.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just for total transparency...

He edited another user's post within the "reply with quote" function to read " Thanks for your Palace input. Are you a bit of a queer boy?"

This post, part of a sequence of such posts, increasing in unacceptability, was unsurprisingly reported by more than one user.

For this post, he garnered a 3 day ban, which was communicated to him along with the following explanation: "Making another user appear homophobic isn't remotely amusing to the majority of users" attached to the offending post, so that he could see the explanation and the post to which the explanation referred.

So, his assertion that he had "...not the faintest idea what they were referring to..." is patently untrue.

This individual was a troll, and an unpleasant one at that. Good riddance.

Thanks for the detailed reply. (I was just being flippant - or trying to be )

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for the detailed reply. (I was just being flippant - or trying to be )

It was more a comment to everyone who had commented on his post than specifically targeted at you - though using the "reply to post" functionality will have made it seem so...apologies.

I did see the flippancy of your and others' comments, but I did think it was worth sharing the actual events rather than the warped version he presented.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The most obnoxious part of his trolling was his pretending to be an albion fan.

Isn't that meant to be an instant ban, bypassing the infraction system ? ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The most obnoxious part of his trolling was his pretending to be an albion fan.

Isn't that meant to be an instant ban, bypassing the infraction system ? ???

Yep, that's my understanding. I did see users making that accusation on a few threads, and I recall doing a little digging to see if I could verify the charge, one way or the other - I couldn't. I don't recall anyone providing evidence for the assertion - but I could be wrong, and just missed it. Whatever - he's gone now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep, that's my understanding. I did see users making that accusation on a few threads, and I recall doing a little digging to see if I could verify the charge, one way or the other - I couldn't. I don't recall anyone providing evidence for the assertion - but I could be wrong, and just missed it. Whatever - he's gone now.

Of course, suspicion isn't evidence.

He'll pop up again soon with a new user name - just look out for a post telling us "we have to take our hats off to Palace for...". It'll be Jimbob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here