Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New feature: banning users from a thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This won't impact most NSCers directly, although most may well get some benefit from it.

A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed.

Users will still get warnings for troll-like behaviour, but by being banned from a thread it should minimise the chances of a thread being de-railed.

There is a big difference between provocative posts and posts that others find provocative because they differ from their own.

Who draws the lines?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There is a big difference between provocative posts and posts that others find provocative because they differ from their own.

Who draws the lines?

Same as now. I think it is quite a good idea - banning someone from a thread is better than banning them from posting altogether. If they don't continue being a tit on other threads that is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This won't impact most NSCers directly, although most may well get some benefit from it.

A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed.

Users will still get warnings for troll-like behaviour, but by being banned from a thread it should minimise the chances of a thread being de-railed.

So how come we did not get a vote on this feature ? Or, was it a Mods only vote ? We were given the choice over " Mandatory " icons to bracket posts yet this has just appeared overnight, I thought there was some degree of democracy on here ? Have we shifted to the One Man, One Vote system where Bozza is the man and he has that one vote ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Who draws the lines?

Very provocative!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No .... because it seems highly unfair that a poster can make a statement on a thread and then be banned from that thread but then not be able challenge anything posted after their ban that directly relates to their original post.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we may not get to see the regular well balanced views of mustafa on world politics then with respect to a certain Middle Eastern based religion?

What an absolute shame.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good idea although I fear anyone crass enough to ignore warnings and get banned from a thread will probably just start a new one (and get properly banned) :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing has changed - they are optional today as they have been for ages - probably over a year.

So nothing has changed yet you said ......

"A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed. "

That does not sound very optional to me ? The mandatory thread icons was at least put to a vote and when there was no clear majority, you said along the lines of " Well sod you all, I won't bother " . This could at least have been discussed. For all it's faults NSC can be an amazingly vibrant democracy given it's chance.

That does not sound very optional to me ? The mandatory thread icons was at least put to a vote and when there was no clear majority, you said along the lines of " Well sod you all, I won't bother " . This could at least have been discussed. For all it's faults NSC can be an amazingly vibrant democracy given it's chance.

Bozza giving us an option:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Oh, well it was fun while it lasted.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Perhaps we can put a limit on the amount of posts some of these fans Palace have. Say,10,000 a year. It does get confusing when a user writes, we did this ,we did that then to find out he is from another club. Why are they on here every day? Have any of our supporters ever met these other fans who are always on here.? Are they good blokes who for some reason taken the wrong route in life?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here