Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Been said a million times before and 3 good away days doesnt help but our home supporr is very poor.

Pockets of effort today. The rest just aint up for it.

onepostwonder

Nov 8, 2014
most are hipsters, tourists, middle class types there to get away from the misses, or families.

the 'real' fans are scattered about.

i stood up and swore at the ref (with crazy arm actions) - and hipster type looking people around me in the north looked at me like i was nuts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Home support was absolutely excellent in GBlock WSU today. Try and get a ticket there next time if you can ???

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Or, we don't get a result because of the Amex Library.

The away support is by far superior. The problem is, is that at home, we attract far too many of the 21st century Tofu munching Brighton Denizens that pollute our new home

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Got to agree. Too many there sitting on their hands not saying a word & firing dirty glances at those that show passion & SUPPORT the Albion. They might as well pay for a ticket then stay at home and watch a stream of the game.

Too sterile & gentile. It's not the bloody theatre. You don't have to swear or sing any questionable songs. Just clap, roar the team on, boo the crap decisions and shout inoffensive stuff like "Seagulls".

When the first season at the Amex approached & they were selling season tickets, Martin Perry talked about not having a singing section as he wanted the whole stadium rocking. Won't bloody happen with the high proportion of "sensitive soul" mannequins we have currently.

Perhaps one day the Amex will be a FOOTBALL stadium.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Home support was absolutely excellent in GBlock WSU today. Try and get a ticket there next time if you can ???

Yep. I'm in G as well. Enjoyed the singing today. Mind you, we all sung the same songs.

I do find it amusing that people slag off our support. Home sides are often quiet. How loud were Charlton last week? or a few other teams we have played at recently. I think we are not that bad, all things considered.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep. I'm in G as well. Enjoyed the singing today. Mind you, we all sung the same songs.

I do find it amusing that people slag off our support. Home sides are often quiet. How loud were Charlton last week? or a few other teams we have played at recently. I think we are not that bad, all things considered.

This 100%

We need to stop criticisising our own support. It is not that bad.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Or, we don't get a result because of the Amex Library.

The away support is by far superior. The problem is, is that at home, we attract far too many of the 21st century Tofu munching Brighton Denizens that pollute our new home

Boom! There it is! Spot on. Football is "cool" but I don't like all this chanting and shouting business. Killing our game. Club needs to be proactive and start sorting this out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Im WSU and you guys in G are what its about. Im dead centre and I can get it going. But been quiet lately away form spured me on i stood and went for it. No more than 10 tried with me at times. Just disapointing.

Only song i can get going is albion and it rung out a couple of times. But i sat there bored today.

As said too many day trippers and causual fans nothing wrong with that as its better than 7000 at withdean but killer when you look how we are away.

Brentford poor today.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The same applies to almost every modern all seater stadium. There are one or two exceptions but it doesn't look like the Amex will be one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I actually thought the atmosphere today was as good as it's been for a long while. WSU G Block was pretty animated.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Boom! There it is! Spot on. Football is "cool" but I don't like all this chanting and shouting business. Killing our game. Club needs to be proactive and start sorting this out.

Yep. Don't get me wrong, football is for all. Here is the thing though, if clubs like ourselves made the pricing just a wee bit more affordable, this would attract a more, let's say "traditional" kind of fan.

In turn, this creates a better atmosphere. The result of that is nothing but at the clubs benefit

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Im WSU and you guys in G are what its about. Im dead centre and I can get it going. But been quiet lately away form spured me on i stood and went for it. No more than 10 tried with me at times. Just disapointing.

Only song i can get going is albion and it rung out a couple of times. But i sat there bored today.

As said too many day trippers and causual fans nothing wrong with that as its better than 7000 at withdean but killer when you look how we are away.

Brentford poor today.

I can't be too far away from you. Got to agree. Away & home are miles apart atmosphere wise. It is a gutter that so many more Brighton fans seems to result in a worse atmosphere. Worse is that the attitude of the silent fans, with their disparaging looks, puts the vocal support off.

Stand up if you love Brighton.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
most are hipsters, tourists, middle class types there to get away from the misses, or families.

the 'real' fans are scattered about.

i stood up and swore at the ref (with crazy arm actions) - and hipster type looking people around me in the north looked at me like i was nuts.

That considering your in the north, is a very sad story

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I actually thought the atmosphere today was as good as it's been for a long while. WSU G Block was pretty animated.

Think the fans in this block need to swap with some in the north.

You know who you are quiet north standers, f**ck off to the east upper !!!

Therd I said it.

Well some one had to

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I can't be too far away from you. Got to agree. Away & home are miles apart atmosphere wise. It is a gutter that so many more Brighton fans seems to result in a worse atmosphere. Worse is that the attitude of the silent fans, with their disparaging looks, puts the vocal support off.

Stand up if you love Brighton.

It's probably time for a move it's not fair to expect others to as everyone prefers a different match experience. But seeing the players rise to the atmosphere at away games it's hard not want to see something similar. Because when we go for it we are class. Just to infrequent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here