Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve kean

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A little bit of ITK floating around the spurs message boards is that Steve Kean as been approached to be the new Brighton assistant manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh please. You jest. Please you must jest.

Utter tool. Signing him would be on the same level as signing Baldrick as a 'striker' :nono:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would imagine he would be fine but reported to be quite settled in Brunei. Am I missing something in not seeing why Spurs fans would be its?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chris Hughton is still well respected and people keep an eye on what he is up to.

:thumbsup: Fair enough although how that extends to being quite so well informed about his interest in recruiting Kean who has no connection intrigues me. Kean is a well respected coach who like everyone at Blackburn was royally shat on at a time of massive inner turmoil. I know one midland Championship team who spoke to him before he went to Brunei and I reckon he could be good for us and an excellent experienced foil for Hughton.
I do wonder if coming back here would necessarily appeal? He manages a club team and the Sultanates national side in a country where money is no object. He must be living the life of many peoples' dreams there although I recognise that doesn't prevent homesickness.

Musings aside I hope that your Spurs insiders are right.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Hoping this is right, Kean would make a great assistant manager. Heavily respected in the game as a coach and like some have already said, he got handed a hard hand with the Blackburn managers role. Plus not many good coaches also make good managers. Kean and a couple of choice signings this window would make for a good few starting blocks for what may hopefully follow.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Hoping this is right, Kean would make a great assistant manager. Heavily respected in the game as a coach and like some have already said, he got handed a hard hand with the Blackburn managers role. Plus not many good coaches also make good managers. Kean and a couple of choice signings this window would make for a good few starting blocks for what may hopefully follow.

not what blackburn fans say......

loads of his signings were a bunch of random portugese blokes because they came from the same agent he uses - he was also instrumental in the dagger in the back of allardyce in order to get the job

hes a cretin and posiononous - dont want him anywhere near us

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

loads of his signings were a bunch of random portugese blokes because they came from the same agent he uses - he was also instrumental in the dagger in the back of allardyce in order to get the job

This.

I'll also add Kean's agent was also the Venky's football consultant, he was a big part of the madness surrounding Blackburn.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Is the correct answer. Kean is a pillock and I wouldn't want to see him anywhere near our club.

Not forgetting his role in signing the son of his agent (Jerome Anderson) from Aberdeen on a nice two year deal, despite junior having only made one first team appearance and generally regarded by all at Aberdeen as being complete pony, Aberdeen must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A little bit of ITK floating around the spurs message boards is that Steve Kean as been approached to be the new Brighton assistant manager.

This is 100% NOT TRUE. His Assistant will either be Colin Calderwood or Paul Trollope. I am sure he would like to bring in both but at present we can't afford to have 3 coaches on top of what we already had before CH arrived

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here