Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly's right foot.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Two very good opportunities to get a shot off with his right were lost in the second half today when he tried to shift the ball to his left...I so want him to push on but he is very one footed.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Was it against Reading when he burst through the right of their 18 yard box, but instead of using his right to cross he poked it very gently into the keepers gloves.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He has a right foot? Are you sure?

Unless he gets to the bare minimum level of competence with his right peg (e.g. has a poke at goal anyway if he's in a shooting position and there isn't a better positioned player to whom he can pass), he will achieve nothing like his full potential. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting he has to be become two-footed - or anything remotely close to it; just be not so ridiculously one-footed it's laughably embarrassing.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
I thought he was quality today. He's young but great quality when he matures slightly he will spread more of the ball, otherwise he was superb

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
For the most part he played very well today however his total one-sidedness is holding him and by extension the team back a bit in crucial positions. Definitely needs to work seriously hard on it.

As an aside why does it often seem to be left footers who are so much worse with their weaker foot than their right-footed counterparts?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he was quality today. He's young but great quality when he matures slightly he will spread more of the ball, otherwise he was superb

Even taking into account his age he was very poor today IMHO and should have been taken off 30 mins earlier. He is 2 secs and 5 yds behind the rest of the players on the field but does show very occasional bright moments, so all is not lost he may develop

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Even taking into account his age he was very poor today IMHO and should have been taken off 30 mins earlier. He is 2 secs and 5 yds behind the rest of the players on the field but does show very occasional bright moments, so all is not lost he may develop

Really?? Did you see the ball he played across field? His distribution needs to be less selfish but he in my opinion was one of the best on the pitch. Strange how people see it differently. He's one of our brightest stars!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Considering that he was crocked in the pre season game at Crawley, and didnt play a minute, till coming on as sub against with 10 mins to go against Fulham in December, he hasnt done bad.
He basically hasnt had a pre season and is so far behind the rest of the squad in terms of match fitness, that IMHO he has over performed recently.
Yes he needs to develop his right foot and possibly bulk up a bit, but he is a superb prospect.
His biggest downfall is that he dosnt have the confidence to take the shot/chance when he has it. So many times Solly, and other players seem to look for another pass when they have a golden opportunity to bury the ball in the net.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly between Holla and him we were let down today - they both gave the ball away too often and created too little (awaits thins down, but sadly it is true!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly between Holla and him we were let down today - they both gave the ball away too often and created too little (awaits thins down, but sadly it is true!)

I was obviously at the same game as you, both of them frustrated the hell out of me with their complete lack of ambition and slow wittedness on the ball.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really not understanding the fuss over March he looks way out of his depth. I lost count of how many times he was the wrong side of players when defending and got rolled. Going forwards he is so one footed any defender with an ounce of common sense just marshals him onto his weaker foot. Needs to go out on loan and get some much needed experience as I feel he has been fast tracked to the first team far too quickly which will expose him and ruin his development

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
March is a really good prospect. Needs to learn to use his right foot and take a few more first time shots. Funnily enough the one time I can remember him using his right foot resulted in Lingard's goal vs Yeovil.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I think Solly is kind of "handy" with his right foot. Although it's more difficult to avoid a hand ball infraction.

Xiao-Wei0101.jpg

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Are we forgetting something? How about that cross to Incey last weekend? Give the kid a break. He had a good few opportunities yesterday but couldn't keep the ball down but I reckon he's the next Brighton star.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here