Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Why o why was our team set up as an away side mc smith on his own up front ,we were always on the back foot ,inviting them to attack ,feel so disappointed , at least loose in a positive manner why can 't the manager see this .had enough now does anyone no what there doing ?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Trying to avoid relegation, Sami spent much of the season attacking and look where that has got us. Hughtons first job is to stop us leaking goals and avoid the drop, let's get that done first, then think about the future style of play when we are safe

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Why o why was our team set up as an away side mc smith on his own up front ,we were always on the back foot ,inviting them to attack ,feel so disappointed , at least loose in a positive manner why can 't the manager see this .had enough now does anyone no what there doing ?
you mean was 'hour team' set up az an aweigh side. Sory Iym a teecher.Taykin my werk home with me agen!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don't you mean houghton?

On a serious point though when Poyet came in his focus for the entire first 'season' was almost completely on the defence and the defensive midfield.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He played the utterly ineffectual Baldock out wide, when we had the more talented, and better suited Teixeira and Colunga available.

He made three substitutions without removing the woeful CMS.

It's fair to say, my confidence in his tactical nous has taken a hit.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He played the utterly ineffectual Baldock out wide, when we had the more talented, and better suited Teixeira and Colunga available.

He started with the same squad who won their last game, as for the Subs, he was somewhat tied with Dunk being sent off. We also needed a goal, so it was the right move to keep CMS and O'Grady on the pitch together

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lets give CH time to get us back on track, instead of being known the club with the manager revolving door!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thought until Dunk was sent off we were slightly the better team, better chances. You can see why they are where they are in the league very quick on the counter. Great effort today and if we had eleven players at the end we could of grab a point. Stating the bleeding obvious, we still need a class forward.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Totally agree, if I could work out how to apply a thumbs up then you'd get one! :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Blimey ..that didnt take long...one loss a few moves you didnt agree with ...you surprise me

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought until Dunk was sent off we were slightly the better team, better chances. You can see why they are where they are in the league very quick on the counter. Great effort today and if we had eleven players at the end we could of grab a point. Stating the bleeding obvious, we still need a class forward.

I thought it was one of our better home performances today although we lost

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My questions:
- CMS as lone srtiker (never was, never will be) when COG should have started?
- Baldock, signed as a striker, playing on the wing?
- March is a winger (or so I thought), so why not play a winger on the wing??

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
It's back to playing the Oscar Garcia way....one up front with a distant midfield & defence sauntering out of defence leaving the front two with zero support.
It was apparent how Brentford pressed high up the field as a unit where we didn't.
The turning point wasn't the sending off, we were being tactically beaten well before that

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
It's back to playing the Oscar Garcia way....one up front with a distant midfield & defence sauntering out of defence leaving the front two with zero support.
It was apparent how Brentford pressed high up the field as a unit where we didn't.
The turning point wasn't the sending off, we were being tactically beaten well before that

Thank **** someone else see's it as well,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here