Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford fans

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
"We'll sing on our own, we'll sing on our own, we're Brentford FC, we'll sing on our own"

Congratulations, that's all you bloody sang. Not usually one to comment on away fans but this lot were something else. :lolol: :facepalm:

Probably the first group of supporters (save for 'neutral end' Fulham who don't really count) who, despite having 3000 odd, sat down the majority of the time. Fair play to them on their big day out though. :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"We'll sing on our own, we'll sing on our own, we're Brentford FC, we'll sing on our own"

Congratulations, that's all you bloody sang. Not usually one to comment on away fans but this lot were something else. :lolol: :facepalm:

Probably the first group of supporters (save for 'neutral end' Fulham who don't really count) who, despite having 3000 odd, sat down the majority of the time. Fair play to them on their big day out though. :thumbsup:

LOL. We were commenting on that too at the time. Guess they didn't want to turn down the chance of watching from padded seats.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Loud when they scored, but other than that nothing of note. Quite quiet considering numbers, but may be its an acoustic thing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Absolutely, nothing shouts 'tin pot day trippers' like sitting down for 95% of the game. Cringeworthy.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One tune. The ubiquitous Sloop John B that's been done to death and that's the limits of their imagination for what was their cup final.

Yawn. Next.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Possibly the worst away fans we've had at the Amex so far.
Absolute nonsense. From central East Upper it was abundantly clear that Bees fans - exactly like the Albion faithful- were able to make a fair bit of noise. But only when something worth getting excited about was happening.

Fans of both sides were simply responding to events on the pitch, rather than inspiring their team. This is not news.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Absolute nonsense. From central East Upper it was abundantly clear that Bees fans - exactly like the Albion faithful- were able to make a fair bit of noise. But only when something worth getting excited about was happening.

Fans of both sides were simply responding to events on the pitch, rather than inspiring their team. This is not news.

To be fair that is what is expected of home fans but our fans at the last three away games made noise for most of the 90 minutes.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Only really made a noise when they went one up and were fairly average after that, we've had worse.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

My mate Brentford Barrie sent this to me today in a text, when he was at the game today.
I quote:
"Its OK, evenly matched, nice ground but shame about the parking." ???

Jan 30, 2008
See a group of 5 soppy looking Brentford fans walking the streets of Worthing pre match , locals???
regards
DR

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Reading fans on Boxing Day were by far the worst I have seen so far this season two nil up and still not a peep. Though for the number the Brentford bought today they were poor, nothing close to the last couple of away I have been to with us.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They were absolutely silent. To be quieter than the home support for 95% of a match is appalling. That team deserve far better.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Simply untrue. If you only ever sit among a group of noisy Albion fans, you can delude yourself that the other side is making no noise. This is usually far from the truth. As demonstrated in abundance today.

I was in the North so you may be right - seemed noisy from a Brighton perspective for long periods but heard/saw nothing from Brentford other than the goal and at full time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I said before we ougt to get rid of that dirge "Hey Jude" in the intro.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
One tune. The ubiquitous Sloop John B that's been done to death and that's the limits of their imagination for what was their cup final.

Yawn. Next.

LOL @ "their cup final".

The way they are going they every chance of playing at Old Trafford and Anfield next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here