Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I was one of his fiercest critics at the beginning of the season. He seemed to me to be incompetent, uncomposed and gaff-prone, a real liability. However, what a transformation, his performance in the last ten games has been exceptional and arguably, he is the only reason that we have been able to pick up a few points and progress in the cup. Thank you David. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the abuse I poured on you.

Also, thank you for your part in what was for me the highlight of the game today which was the the two or three comedy attempts at scoring from the luckless Brentford player near the tail end of the second half - priceless.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He certainly has improved immeasurably. Really deserved a clean sheet today.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Starting to be one of my favourites. Has been on top form for a while now just needs our defence to tighten up a little. We invite so much pressure on us by sitting so deep

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I knew he would turn it around eventually. Yes he made mistakes but the level to which he was scapegoated was surprising. Been playing well for some time now, hope he keeps it up. Great hoof into the West at half time :lol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
His positioning and decision making make me feel very worried every time it's in our box. We need Walton or another keeper IMHO

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Totally agree.

If only he would stop booting the ball in the air throughout the last 20 minutes of a game to our diminutive forwards who never win a ball or successfully lay it off, then his transformation would be complete!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too was a critic for his first few months here. Didn't put a foot wrong yesterday, good to see the confidence from him and one save was exactly the sort of save that seemed totally beyond him not so long ago. I am now a fan :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think in his defence, when he arrived he said he wasn't fit. The trouble was he played in a team that was woeful defensively and was left exposed on regular occasions.

He is getting stronger by the game - long may it continue.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Totally agree.

If only he would stop booting the ball in the air throughout the last 20 minutes of a game to our diminutive forwards who never win a ball or successfully lay it off, then his transformation would be complete!

That's a point to be made to the Management not Stockdale - he's only doing it if told to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was one of his fiercest critics at the beginning of the season. He seemed to me to be incompetent, uncomposed and gaff-prone, a real liability. However, what a transformation, his performance in the last ten games has been exceptional and arguably, he is the only reason that we have been able to pick up a few points and progress in the cup. Thank you David. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the abuse I poured on you.

Also, thank you for your part in what was for me the highlight of the game today which was the the two or three comedy attempts at scoring from the luckless Brentford player near the tail end of the second half - priceless.

Indeed was priceless...one almost earned the Brentford player a standing ovation ..i wonder what would have been said if that had been a Brighton one

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
His positioning and decision making make me feel very worried every time it's in our box. We need Walton or another keeper IMHO

What a total and utter loads of bollocks. He's made countless saves the past 4/5 games and yesterday especially he caught everything. I was one of his critics earlier in the season but he's turned it around now, good on the bloke.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here Here. I too apologize for what was at the time correct criticism.
But I believe my Daughter has to take full credit. She sent him a pm on twitter or something a couple of months back after another calamity of a game. Not harsh but constructive criticism and surprisingly he replied with a very nice message thanking her etc etc. Since then he has played nothing but top class goalkeeping.
I wonder though if having a good sub keeper is keeping him on his toes?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bar some occasionally dodgy distribution (over-ambitious maybe, as sometimes his kicking and throwing is better than we've had for years) he's always been pretty good. Wasn't his fault he was ludicrously under-protected during Hyypia's disastrous tenure.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That's a point to be made to the Management not Stockdale - he's only doing it if told to.

That would seem reasonable but is it assumption, logic or fact?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here