Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - House of Cards - any good?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Both are fantastic. Prefer the UK version of HoC but the American version is very good. As for OITNB - OMG ! Rather fancy Piper now as well !!!!

EDIT - should throw in Person of Interest - the actor who plays the main character is rather hot as well ( and that is coming from a non-gay male !!! )

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
House of cards is excellent. I am considering re-watching it before the new series starts in Feb
Haven't tried orange is the new black yet.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Orange is the new black is brilliant

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
House of cards is great. Haven't seen t'other one but will give it a go

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
HOC is very good, it's basically a very intelligent, apathetic politician who is trying to work his way up the political ladder. Kevin Spacey acts really well in it. Watch the first episode and see what you think.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
HOC is fantastic. One of the few times a US imitation of a UK show ends up being better than the original.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
HOC is very good, it's basically a very intelligent, apathetic politician who is trying to work his way up the political ladder. Kevin Spacey acts really well in it. Watch the first episode and see what you think.

It only takes off from the second episode so you should watch that one as well before judging.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I'd suggest both are so different that it's impossible to compare them ?

True. Orange is more light hearted and funny ( two in the pink and one in the stink made me laugh for a long time ) where as HOC is very clever and gripping without the need for mindless violence as you often find now..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both excellent but then you knew that already.

Spacey's performance is EPIC.
The OitNB ensemble cast is EPIC.

Take your pick as to which to go for first.

There's no point thinking you can watch them side by side, perhaps on alternate days.
As they are both 'just1moreepisodetonighttastic' and you'll end up not sleeping for 2 weeks.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Absolutely love House of Cards. The set up for Season 3 (which starts soon) is unbelievably good. I have it up there with some of the best TV ever made.

OITNB is a lot of fun as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here