Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Dunk sending off

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was there ANY contact at all between Dunk and their number 23? And why did the lino who must have had the best view of it not help at all?

I think that was without doubt the worst refereeing performance I've seen in a long time. And as my mate sat next to me said when the ref booked their keeper for time-wasting, that's one of the harshest yellows he's seen all season. I don't think their keeper time-wasted at all - most likely a yellow given in our favour to try to re-dress the mistakes made previously.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Was there ANY contact at all between Dunk and their number 23? And why did the lino who must have had the best view of it not help at all?

I think that was without doubt the worst refereeing performance I've seen in a long time. And as my mate sat next to me said when the ref booked their keeper for time-wasting, that's one of the harshest yellows he's seen all season. I don't think their keeper time-wasted at all - most likely a yellow given in our favour to try to re-dress the mistakes made previously.

Their keeper was doing kick ups facing away from the pitch when he should have been taking a goal kick, a reasonable yellow in my opinion. Though he would not have got booked if he had wasted that amount of time in a more subtle way. As for Dunk it was too for away for me to see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The lino was absolutely useless didnt see numerous offsides so probably didnt see Dunk push the player, granted not hard but none the less a push to the chest so a justifiable yellow, stupid really as he already had been given one. The first one he took for the team.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The lino was absolutely useless didnt see numerous offsides so probably didnt see Dunk push the player, granted not hard but none the less a push to the chest so a justifiable yellow, stupid really as he already had been given one. The first one he took for the team.

Agree the Lino was awful

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That said the ref was completely useless. He did not want to give a yellow early, it seemed, to the point where it became clear to the players that they could get away with whatever they wanted. Until he decided to book Dunk despite several earlier similar fouls. A most strange performance lacking in consistency and common sense.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
There was contact and unfortunately it gave the ref no choice but agree with your mate about the goalkeeper. We've had bigger time wasters who have had a few warnings before being booked.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

The Lino should have flagged for a free kick long before Dunk pushed the Brentford player. All the officials were poor today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Inconsistent reffing , Dunk off for two yellows , Jota got a yellow for the Dunk incident but five minutes later committed a bookable foul but got away with it. Warburton took him off shortly afterwards.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
no defending lewis he was an idiot today clearly pushed the guy over and had to go whether it may a diffference to the result is open to debate tho

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The secound yellow wasn't for the challenge, it was because after the challenge dunk ran over to the player and pushed him over with both hands. Which was at least a yellow. Also the first yellow was an obvious yellow .
so a deserved sending off. Dunk should of known better.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Dunk was a complete idiot , deserves a large fine from the club for such petulance

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
No issue with the Dunk sending off but the officials were awful. Too many now are ruining matches.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not a yellow imo hands were not raised small push their player cheated by collapsing in a heap. Seen far far worse in the penalty box every time there is a corner

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Referee was poor, but the Dunk incident was right in front of us, and the decision was correct. He went up to the Brentford player, off the ball, and gave him a firm shove in the chest. Completely stupid, especially when he was already on a yellow. I'd had the impression that Dunk had sort of settled down and been showing a level of maturity, as a person and a player, recently. On this evidence, he clearly has not, and seems to have a very short fuse.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Dunk gave the ref no option than to send him off, when he pushed the Brentford player. Stupid decision by Dunk! He arguably cost us the game.

I think ref go that decision right and the one with CMS injured off the pitch, however harsh it seems

The decision that baffled me was when he blew the whistle because he thought the ball went out for a throw and then looked at his linesman who hadn't given anything.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk gave the ref no option than to send him off, when he pushed the Brentford player. Stupid decision by Dunk! He arguably cost us the game.

I think ref go that decision right and the one with CMS injured off the pitch, however harsh it seems

The decision that baffled me was when he blew the whistle because he thought the ball went out for a throw and then looked at his linesman who hadn't given anything.

Wonder if Dunk gets anything like the criticism Colunga gets....... ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can someone confirm how many games Dunk misses.

I thought one as two yellow's, but my friend tells me it's three, as it's his second sending off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here