Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our striker situation is abysmal.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How did we go from Barnes and Ulloa to this shower of shite? And if the board things it's going to get any better with the likes of Leon Best then they must be in la la land.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair we only played one striker today for the vast majority of the game. He was abysmal. Can't judge Baldock fairly yet as he STILL has barely played in his preferred position. Ball constantly on his wrong foot as well, waste playing him on the left.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If Baldock was a good Championship striker he would have staked his claim on that position, it's not like there's much competition. He was a spare part today, awful.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps we need an attacking coach, dedicated to looking at how we create space in the box, angle ourselves for through balls and get into the six yard box. Too often, we are not there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and CMS couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!

What did our coaching staff tell howten.....CMS is at his best when you hoof it as hard as you can at the Center half hoping he misses it and the CMS can run on and **** it up!

We were woeful for long periods of the game even before dunk had his moment of pathetic petulant ****whittery.

Good job they couldn't finish and stocdale has a decent game otherwise that could have been a cricket score

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Tbf I think we created more chances today than the entire season so far. But for all his effort cms cant hit the target.
also playing him up front on his own when he cant control a ball won't get us anywhere. I think we need 2 quality strikers in.

Feb 14, 2010
To be fair we only played one striker today for the vast majority of the game. He was abysmal. Can't judge Baldock fairly yet as he STILL has barely played in his preferred position. Ball constantly on his wrong foot as well, waste playing him on the left.

wrong foot? All he does all week is kick a football around. He's got two feet, use them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one decent striker playing for us in nearly 4 years at The Amex, is totally unacceptable.
Same old same old, CMS running round like a headless chicken on his own today. Really frustrating

This will solid gold huge dangly bells on it!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well we must be short of centre backs with Dunk banned and Halford barely able to run at the end. As for the strikers they need to play the form one which is O'Grady but he will be gone before the end of the window so lets hope we get a humdinger of a replacement

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
COG is our only half decent striker and he wants out.

To be honest I'd bin Baldrick now and pay off his contract.

CMS can stay until he walks away for free in the summer, and then hopefully we can also sell Colunga for 250k at the same time.

I'd keep COG, even though he wants to go, because the rest of Burke's striker squad are utterly execrable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here