Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the point of the supporters meeting?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not a sound from the North Stand or the South West Corner at all in the first half.
Did the club invite the wrong fans?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Don't know what that meeting was all about. At first I thought it seemed that the club was interested. But seems to have gone quiet. It's a shame. I want the birth to be rocking. Was good today at some points though

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not a sound from the North Stand or the South West Corner at all in the first half.
Did the club invite the wrong fans?

It must be the acoustic design of the stadium. The north was not silent on the first half.

As for the meeting I'm not sure but since the fool Chris Baker was kicked out the stewards haven't been as petty about standing, which is good. Row R back don't seem to get hassled anymore.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It must be the acoustic design of the stadium. The north was not silent on the first half.

I'm sure there were a few outbreaks of noise, but I heard virtually nothing until after Dunk was sent off. I'll accept that the North were noisier second half.

But really, what are the SWC all about? Just seem to be there for Fanzone then sit in silence for the entire game. :shrug:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It was also supposed to be a meeting that would result in minutes being circulated to relevant parties, and then a club-wide consultation. Similar meetings would also be planned on a regular, but not frequent, basis.

The abject silence from the club since that meeting is disappointing, frustrating, annoying and, after yesterday, making me feel as though there were a fair number of us who took the time and effort to get to The Amex on a miserable weekday night, only to now feel that those efforts were a waste of time (or succeeded only in allowing the club to look interested in an issue that has clearly been deprioritised... or was never actually a priority).

Treat me like an adult and I'll respond like one. Treat me like shit and I'll get annoyed and eventually refuse to help. Sort it out, BBC*... hurry up and sort it out.

*Barber, Beirne, Camillin.

(hardly Paul Barber's fault but then the initials don't look so good without him)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure there were a few outbreaks of noise, but I heard virtually nothing until after Dunk was sent off. I'll accept that the North were noisier second half.

But really, what are the SWC all about? Just seem to be there for Fanzone then sit in silence for the entire game. :shrug:

Not quite...there was a mini fracas with the Brentford fans

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It was also supposed to be a meeting that would result in minutes being circulated to relevant parties, and then a club-wide consultation. Similar meetings would also be planned on a regular, but not frequent, basis.

The abject silence from the club since that meeting is disappointing, frustrating, annoying and, after yesterday, making me feel as though there were a fair number of us who took the time and effort to get to The Amex on a miserable weekday night, only to now feel that those efforts were a waste of time (or succeeded only in allowing the club to look interested in an issue that has clearly been deprioritised... or was never actually a priority).

Treat me like an adult and I'll respond like one. Treat me like shit and I'll get annoyed and eventually refuse to help. Sort it out, BBC*... hurry up and sort it out.

*Barber, Beirne, Camillin.

(hardly Paul Barber's fault but then the initials don't look so good without him)

Are you on a wind up?

The club CLEARLY stated they were looking at long term measures to improve atmosphere, i.e. for next season.
It's been a month since the meeting - we've had Christmas and New Year in the middle and a busy fixtures schedule (the busiest of the season).

What exactly are you hoping for them to do?

Also, who promised minutes? Nobody.
Bierne mentioned they might do this sort of thing a few times a season but he wasn't sure who, or how often, it was all very trial and error.

You're not being treated like shit, you're acting like a spolit child. If you'd actually listened to the club in the meeting you'd know nothing was going to change 2 home fixtures afterwards. Good grief.

GET A GRIP.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Are you on a wind up?

The club CLEARLY stated they were looking at long term measures to improve atmosphere, i.e. for next season.
It's been a month since the meeting - we've had Christmas and New Year in the middle and a busy fixtures schedule (the busiest of the season).

What exactly are you hoping for them to do?

Also, who promised minutes? Nobody.
Bierne mentioned they might do this sort of thing a few times a season but he wasn't sure who, or how often, it was all very trial and error.

You're not being treated like shit, you're acting like a spolit child. If you'd actually listened to the club in the meeting you'd know nothing was going to change 2 home fixtures afterwards. Good grief.

GET A GRIP.

image.jpg

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

What does that mean? Diddly squad, you've asked Bierne to write some minutes that he hadn't previously mentioned circulating.

I imagine you were of the twonks who spent the whole meeting with your hand up so you could bleet on about what the Police Box Crew want, rather than considering the bigger picture - i.e. all the other supporters outside of your little clique who want a great atmosphere at the Amex. It's all about you you you.

Embarrassingly selfish.

What does that mean? Diddly squad, you've asked Bierne to write some minutes that he hadn't previously mentioned circulating.

I imagine you were of the twonks who spent the whole meeting with your hand up so you could bleet on about what the Police Box Crew want, rather than considering the bigger picture - i.e. all the other supporters outside of your little clique who want a great atmosphere at the Amex. It's all about you you you.

Embarrassingly selfish.

I bet the diddly squad struggle at corners.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013

Embarrassingly selfish.

I'm confused where all of this aggression is coming from. Perhaps if you'd care to explain how and why I've made you so upset then I could respond. Simple accusations of me being selfish and like a spoiled child aren't overly helpful.

I'm keen to get the club to move faster towards making the atmosphere better at The Amex. I'm keen to find out which suggestions made on the night might or might not have been accepted by the club. I'm keen to be in an 'away' environment at The Amex. I'm really hopeful the club will listen to all of the supporters and move forward in ways that are efficient, expedient and professional.

I view a delay in producing the minutes that were promised on the night, and the delay in the further contact that was promised on the night, to be unprofessional, and neither efficient nor expedient.

Alternatively, I could just respond with petty insults about you and your aggression. Hardly helpful though, is it.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I'm confused where all of this aggression is coming from. Perhaps if you'd care to explain how and why I've made you so upset then I could respond. Simple accusations of me being selfish and like a spoiled child aren't overly helpful.

I'm keen to get the club to move faster towards making the atmosphere better at The Amex. I'm keen to find out which suggestions made on the night might or might not have been accepted by the club. I'm keen to be in an 'away' environment at The Amex. I'm really hopeful the club will listen to all of the supporters and move forward in ways that are efficient, expedient and professional.

I view a delay in producing the minutes that were promised on the night, and the delay in the further contact that was promised on the night, to be unprofessional, and neither efficient nor expedient.

Alternatively, I could just respond with petty insults about you and your aggression. Hardly helpful though, is it.

Nice sob story.

What's not helpful is coming on here ranting about the club with absolutely no reason at all.

It's so frustrating the 'me me me' approach of the PBC.

Have a moan to Bierne on twitter if you think he's got nothing better to do on a day off, no point stirring on here is there?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Nice sob story.

What's not helpful is coming on here ranting about the club with absolutely no reason at all.

It's so frustrating the 'me me me' approach of the PBC.

Have a moan to Bierne on twitter if you think he's got nothing better to do on a day off, no point stirring on here is there?

I have to entirely disagree with your perception of the 'me me me' 'PBC'. I'm interested to know why you hold that view. If you don't like the people, that's fine. If you don't like the songs, that's fine too.

If you think that it's a group of people who have deliberately set up their 'own club' so as to feel special or receive plaudits or become 'the big I am' then I can only inform you that as a recent joiner of the PBC, I've seen nothing of that sort at all. What I've seen is a group of fans who've been displaced from a previous position in the North Stand due to some over-zealous stewarding (and I admit I only have the recollections of others to base that upon), who sing, clap, enjoy themselves and who join in with other chants when they're started.

Seeing as I'm now in this group of people I'm also able to tell you that we can't hear a bloody thing coming from the rest of the North Stand until everybody else joins in. I'm also guessing (probably accurately) that no one else can hear us either.

The thing is, despite what everyone else seems to think, I'm not sure we care. We're enjoying ourselves, we're having a good time and if others join in then that's great, and it's what the whole stadium needs to do, i.e. start making some noise - and it doesn't matter who starts it, as long as we all join in.

If there's no point in ranting on here then have a little look at yourself first, eh?

From my perspective, I'd rather have a little rant on here because my opinion doesn't matter and I can vent a bit. What I'd like to do by having a rant on here is to find out whether anyone else is feeling a bit short-changed by the inactivity since that meeting, but clearly they either aren't, or they aren't interested, or they think I'm just one of those annoying whingers who licks the Judge's arse and wants to be famous.

As long as people aren't disinterested then I don't give a crap. This club needs everyone to get involved on match day, and the fans need the club to get involved in making it easier for us to make a better atmosphere.

That said, if you've got something useful to offer as a contribution I'll listen to whatever it is. I'll respond if I can and I won't just say 'shut up', or 'that's rubbish', or dismiss your concerns because my recollection (and my notes) differ from yours.

Be positive, add something, contribute, make a change, encourage, lead, organise... or stay where you are. I'm not bothered.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was a meeting to plan for next season before renewal letters go out. They made that absolutely clear. Stop having a go at the club

I wasn't having a go at the club.

I was pointing out that those invited were supposed to be the ones who wanted to help create an atmosphere. Yet, from where I sit, I don't see any evidence that they really do.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i spoke to someone who i know and they work for the club and i asked him if any news at all and he said updates will be out shortly due to a hectic post christmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here