Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park train station reduced level or service from 2018

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
GTR who already run the Thameslink train services and will run Southern services from July 2015, are preparing for a brand new timetable that will run from 2018,

The changes include the loss of some services to and from Preston Park.

I see these is a petition trying to stop them doing it.

Am i the only one who welcomes this move to reduce the level or service to PP.

It s always a ball ache having the train stops and this station with very few at at most times no one getting on or off and just seems to be an interruption to the London to Bright journey.

Does anyone on here use PP station.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Agreed, the level of passengers between Brighton and London completely justifies a non stopping service between the two for say 1 in 3 trains.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No doubt a blog from Timmy beckons concerning this

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I no long use it but when I lived in Patcham and Westdene I did and it's a complete pain in the backside to get to Brighton station. So I'd actually support extra stopping services to PP. I think the extra three minutes or so the other passengers have to endure is hardly worth complaining about.

EDIT - I'll add that currently I'm very grateful that I don't have to use the shite house service and quite frankly pathetic, appalling, incompetent and down right embarrassing thing our railway companies call a 'service'.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a busy suburban station serving a wide area. Bad enough that the station suffers from little in the way of infrastructure investment, but there's no need for the morons that run our railways to treat it as some kind of duck halt in the middle of nowhere.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's a busy suburban station serving a wide area. Bad enough that the station suffers from little in the way of infrastructure investment, but there's no need for the morons that run our railways to treat it as some kind of duck halt in the middle of nowhere.

I wanted to arrange a school trip to Preston Park - check out the Manor gardens, a cup of tea with Andy Rollings. We'd need a lift for two wheelchairs...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Estimated 439,262 entries and exits in the last year. Less than Moulsecombe and London Road. Quite surprised by that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so whats the actual change? because i read a document on changes and, while couldnt really understand the changes, seems they are going to remove one call at PP but add another.

D

Deleted User X18H

No doubt a blog from Timmy beckons concerning this

Lovely to see you yesterday. I imagine as there 3 Brighton and 3 London trains an hour one of which is operated via Southern goes to Victoria and another which goes to Littlehampton via Hove , that the Vic - Littlehampton service will be axed reducing the service to two trains and hour each way and one on a Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here