Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new idea to improve atmosphere at the Amex

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Did I say that was the definitive and only way to improve the atmosphere? It is certainly 100% guaranteed to do it, not sure why you object :shrug:

Perhaps not by you but it is used as the definitive and irrefutable sole reason for why the atmosphere is crap by many on here, and its complete and utter bollocks. Even you look to it for an excuse even if you don't think it's sole reason.

If we had a truely good atmosphere then whatever is happening on the pitch would be completely irrelevant to what was going on in the stands.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone who goes away regularly can tell you the Amex home atmo isn't bad atall. Just look at Charltons and Fulhams last few weeks ffs! Anyway the atmo will be better now as I expect the whole North stand to bounce and sing Ring of Fire etc with scarfs twirling!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best way to improve the atmosphere for starters would be that all STH actually turn up for the game.

Hopefully the large empty spaces will not be there today as the feel good factor is back.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Many on here can probably remember the Goldstone as teenagers when those who wanted to sing could stand together. At Withdean if you were in Block H you were there to sing. At away matches the atmosphere is created by a group of largely teen/twenty something fans straight out of the pub. what we need at the Amex is a block of STANDING behind the goal full of youngish lively fans fuelled by beer ( not the kid who puked everywhere at Charlton). Too many old farts in the North Stand who like the atmosphere but, don't contribute to it!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Just get a drum, I know some think its tinpot but it does seem to work.

Feb 14, 2010
Just get a drum, I know some think its tinpot but it does seem to work.

Who told you that! You were not at the Valley last week then! Despite the soul searching by a few vocal people on NSC, the AMEX despite a losing team down the bottom of the championship has a far better atmosphere than most clubs in the division and far better than Selhurst if they were in the same position which I know isnt hard as half the palace fans vanish over night unless they are in the premier league these days

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wins required, sorry to disappoint the 'blame it on the fans' idiots...

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Who told you that! You were not at the Valley last week then! Despite the soul searching by a few vocal people on NSC, the AMEX despite a losing team down the bottom of the championship has a far better atmosphere than most clubs in the division and far better than Selhurst if they were in the same position which I know isnt hard as half the palace fans vanish over night unless they are in the premier league these days

Yes our away support is second to none. But away fans are always loader and sing more than the home ( ok not always mut most of the time ). But im talking about home fans needing a drum. Palace use a drum that helps create a lot of noise. And I remeber darby away in play off last year , there drum made all t difference to them.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes our away support is second to none. But away fans are always loader and sing more than the home ( ok not always mut most of the time ). But im talking about home fans needing a drum. Palace use a drum that helps create a lot of noise. And I remeber darby away in play off last year , there drum made all t difference to them.

If you were at the Valley, or have been to Reading, or Palasce for a Championship game against Wigan, then you will understand that a drum does not help anything. The Valley, with their drum was like a library but for the Albion fans. "You bang your drum but you still dont sing" was the song. I was surprised Charlton had resorted to one, as I normally associate them with clubs like Palace, Wigan and Reading

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Drumming along with financial unaffordability, is the only instance in which i would cancel my season ticket. Having a drum at a football match completely ruins the atmosphere, they are like vuvuzelas in that respect. They are great if you like boring chanting songs but tend to drown out more traditional songs. The best panacea for our atmosphere and singing is for the team to perform well.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Drumming along with financial unaffordability, is the only instance in which i would cancel my season ticket. Having a drum at a football match completely ruins the atmosphere, they are like vuvuzelas in that respect. They are great if you like boring chanting songs but tend to drown out more traditional songs. The best panacea for our atmosphere and singing is for the team to perform well.

A drum? You can stick it!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Never any problem away as all the singers bunch together and sing to win, most have had a drink and have spent time and money to get there so really make the most of it. As the other thread need freedom to move behind the North Stand. No 'king drum!!!!!!!!

Robbhafc1982

Jul 5, 2014

As much as we all hate Palace, u can't really knock them on the atmosphere they make, their 50 odd "ultras" make more noise than a sold out Amex and they have the loudest home support in England and have done for years, even when at the bottom of the championship, every game I watch of theirs on tv all u can hear is them ***** singing non stop for 90 mins, even when losing, you are the biggest prick on NSC by a long way, do u have mental health issues? Wanker.

Feb 14, 2010
As much as we all hate Palace, u can't really knock them on the atmosphere they make, their 50 odd "ultras" make more noise than a sold out Amex and they have the loudest home support in England and have done for years, even when at the bottom of the championship, every game I watch of theirs on tv all u can hear is them ***** singing non stop for 90 mins, even when losing, you are the biggest prick on NSC by a long way, do u have mental health issues? Wanker.

Just because you throw insults it doesn't make it so. So you are impressed with a dew kids banging a drum when they are in the premier league and you think that makes a support? Do you work for match of the day or something. The same palace whose fans go missing when in the championship never mind if they went lower. I suppose you are a fan of drums cheer leaders and goal music. Sorry mate but I'm a brighton fan, a bit more old school to do anything but cringe at such things.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just because you throw insults it doesn't make it so. So you are impressed with a dew kids banging a drum when they are in the premier league and you think that makes a support? Do you work for match of the day or something. The same palace whose fans go missing when in the championship never mind if they went lower. I suppose you are a fan of drums cheer leaders and goal music. Sorry mate but I'm a brighton fan, a bit more old school to do anything but cringe at such things.

Still it was another cracking crowd .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here