Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce as clueless as Hyypia

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They play Derby this weekend. Could be wrong but didn't Billy Davies lose his job at Forest as a result of a defeat against Derby? Could be a bad weekend for Pearce. I hope they keep him, personally. And that Millwall persist with Holloway. Both doing marvellous jobs as far as I'm concerned.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
If he chose to sign Gardner then he IS clueless. If someone else signed him then Pearce is still clueless if he does not realise that he has no chance in that set-up

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He may be completely spot on about Pearce, but the article does give the impression that Mills has something against him regardless.

To talk about his inability to coach, motivate or garner respect implies a greater knowledge than a pundit would normally have, possibly even first hand. Plus, it's easy to look back and say it was obvious that Forest would dip in form, hindsight is a glorious thing!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
He may be completely spot on about Pearce, but the article does give the impression that Mills has something against him regardless.

To talk about his inability to coach, motivate or garner respect implies a greater knowledge than a pundit would normally have, possibly even first hand. Plus, it's easy to look back and say it was obvious that Forest would dip in form, hindsight is a glorious thing!

Wasn't Mills at man City whilst Pearce was manager?

Edit: just read the link, yes he was..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No hindsight here but quite amazing how many predicted Forest :wink:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...e-Championship-automatically&highlight=Pearce

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
But Pearce is passionate! I thought that was all that counted. Isn't a more animated set of facial expressions than our own recently departed Phlegmatic Finn all that is needed? I have been desperately deceived.

But Forest did get exactly who they wanted originally, didn't they. Loudly trumpeted at the start.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't like or dislike Stuart Pearce.

If the team you manage in top in September & 13th in January why is it automatically the managers fault.

Didnt we suffer the same fate in our first season at the Amex under Gus.I remember us being top in September after beating peterboro at home & also remember us dropping to around 16th on Dec 31st after 2.0 defeat at Coventry one of the worst performances I had witnessed in recent years.Although we made up for it 2 days later we beat SCS (south coast scum 3.1)
& went off to finish 10th.

Was gus a better manager when we were top than when we were 16th or did his players just not perform for him for a reroof of time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
G
I don't like or dislike Stuart Pearce.

If the team you manage in top in September & 13th in January why is it automatically the managers fault.

Didnt we suffer the same fate in our first season at the Amex under Gus.I remember us being top in September after beating peterboro at home & also remember us dropping to around 16th on Dec 31st after 2.0 defeat at Coventry one of the worst performances I had witnessed in recent years.Although we made up for it 2 days later we beat SCS (south coast scum 3.1)
& went off to finish 10th.

Was gus a better manager when we were top than when we were 16th or did his players just not perform for him for a reroof of time.

Except we had a League One squad and Forest have one of the strongest squads in the division. Gus did well to get us to 10th with that squad,

Pearce really is a very crap manager imo.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
G

Except we had a League One squad and Forest have one of the strongest squads in the division. Gus did well to get us to 10th with that squad,

Pearce really is a very crap manager imo.

When we played up there, the best thing the Forest fans I spoke to (albeit only 2 or 3 of them) had to say about him was: "at least he's not Billy Davies".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here