Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying brentford ticket to get a purchase history.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How many glory hunters do you think have got tickets for the Brentford or Ipswich games so they have then got a purchase history for the Arsenal game.

With Brentford bring around 2800 & it being Chris Hughtons first home game it should be a bumbler crowd
Tomorrow.

It's the first home game in a while that I have been looking forward too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think new accounts, post the draw, count.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know, just a thought as since the draw I've suddenly gained lots of friends who think that as I'm a season ticket holder I can get loads of tickets.

Same here.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When we beat Arsenal & we draw Rochdale at home in the 5th round I have a sneaky feeling that they won't be asking if I can get tickets.(just a hunch )

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In the good old days.....if the fixtures worked out, you would have to attend a league game to buy a cup ticket. Marvellous system because tickets were sold at the turnstyles (less queuing) and there would be a bumper league crowd with the glory hunters having to pay for 2 games.

It made for some great crowds like 20,000 v Barrow (prior to Wolves) and near 18,000 v Charlton Reserves (pre Derby). I think it's the best system .

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not sure how it works but I have just got an e-mail inviting me to purchase a ticket for the Arsenal game. I am an ex-pat who last season took my son and grandson to the Burnley game. Great result and great day out and I obviously have purchase history now!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would imagine there are quite a few who have done this.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In the good old days.....if the fixtures worked out, you would have to attend a league game to buy a cup ticket. Marvellous system because tickets were sold at the turnstyles (less queuing) and there would be a bumper league crowd with the glory hunters having to pay for 2 games.

It made for some great crowds like 20,000 v Barrow (prior to Wolves) and near 18,000 v Charlton Reserves (pre Derby). I think it's the best system .

I remember back in 1988 I think it was when ironically we drew Arsenal in the cup.To guarantee your cup ticket you had to attend the FRT cup game against Southend (freight rover trophy).
I would have attended that game regardless of the added incentive of a cup ticket because we were doing well in the league & that competition was a realistic chance of getting to wembley.
I did however decide to get to the ground early because I thought there might be a big crowd.I arrived at the north stand at about 6.45 & couldnt believe my eyes as the queue to get in stretched around to the east stand.
After about 20 minuetes I managed to get into the ground.So I get my Arsenal ticket we won the game 3.2 with Eric Steele playing in goal for Southend.All is good until the attendance for the game is announced 7000.

The ground was barely a quarter full yet we had to queue for 20 mins to get in & then stand around for 45 mins before the match began.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you going to need a purchase history to buy a ticket?

Feb 14, 2010
Well as the Albion had 29000 for a championship relegation scrap against Fulham then I'd say that if we have about the same for Brentford then its sod all to do with the FA Cup. Just that Brighton get big crowds despite a poor team.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yes just to stop gooners buying tickets

The irony being that at least 5-10% of our new found season ticket holders since the Amex opened count us as their second club after their love for the Arse. Kind of a cheaper sort of back street illegitimate sprog type arrangement.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well as the Albion had 29000 for a championship relegation scrap against Fulham then I'd say that if we have about the same for Brentford then its sod all to do with the FA Cup. Just that Brighton get big crowds nowadays despite a poor team.

Corrected for you. For the previous 20+ years remembering 3/4 full Withdean for most of a dozen years, and crowds around 5-7000 in the last 10 years at the Goldstone ground.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm gonna go for 7 - you really think people would do that - we've been at the Amex 4 yrs - even the plastics have account history by now

Feb 14, 2010
Corrected for you. For the previous 20+ years remembering 3/4 full Withdean for most of a dozen years, and crowds around 5-7000 in the last 10 years at the Goldstone ground.

Corrected for you. Large gates compared to division playing in throughout its history. Finishing second from bottom of the football league twice, playing 3rd and 4th division football with little hope after serial decline and having ground sold from under us, playing 140 miles from home in Gillingham and then an athletics track but despite all this was sold out for the first 3/4 seasons. All this after the best campaign in football history to keep the club alive that included pitch invasions, walk outs, fireworks, fans united, York City, a song that was 17th in the charts, marches in Mellor and London. Its great to support a proper club who get 29000 for a relegation scrap in the championship against Fulham. Not many clubs in the country come close to a support like that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
But if the so called passionate masses hadn't stopped supporting the team after relegation from Div 1 we might have had a chance of getting back there, but I guess they all went back to their previous teams like Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Feb 14, 2010
But if the so called passionate masses hadn't stopped supporting the team after relegation from Div 1 we might have had a chance of getting back there, but I guess they all went back to their previous teams like Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Jog on palace troll, dont judge BHA by palace low standard, continue to try to comfort yourself with made up drivel about supporting other teams and learn to compare like with like. Albion, unlike palace, dont need Premier League football for the fans to turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here