Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandatory thread 'type'?

Should thread types be mandatory on NSC?

• Yes

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thread prefixes allow you to assign your thread to a broad category when you create a new one.

They have been on NSC for a while but they've been optional so they haven't been used very widely. I've been toying with making them mandatory, but thought I'd be polite and ask first.

All it means is you select the closest category for your thread when you create it from this list:

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 19.39.38.png

What it then means is you can filter threads from the main forum page. Only interested in Albion threads - no problem. Want to find that music thread that has slipped onto page 178 or something - easy now:

]
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 19.41.47.png

Please vote yes or no, and please feel free to make suggestion as to the range of topics to choose from, remembering the list should not be too long and we'll not get too hung up in how they are assigned.

Please note: if they are imposed but you're not really a fan, it will make little difference to how you use NSC. Viewing the Big Board remains exactly as is - it will only effect you when you create a new thread and most people do not do that very often.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's no random category. So 90% of posts won't have a home.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't even know they were there. Don't really see the need, so have voted no. I'd quite like to have kept the thumbs up and down bits though.

Can anyone explain what all the different envelopes mean?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
i love it when bozza talks technical..... filters ?????? some of us ate over 50 and cant cope with all this extra stuff on computers ..

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Voted yes just to give me something else to moan at thread starters about if their op doesn't relate to the type they choose.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good idea imo. However, maybe easily got arounf by people deliberately misclassifying threads (although I may be overestimating how much people can be bothered to do so :D ).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I voted NO ..... remember Magna Carta, did she die in vain ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I actually think there should be 2 sepperate message boards 1. Football 2 Non Football and then just post on whatever board is appropriate

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted yes just to give me something else to moan at thread starters about if their op doesn't relate to the type they choose.
This (I would have just used the thumbs up option if it had still been around, rather than adding an extra post).

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You should have one that says 'Arsenal', too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Where has Hove gone ? Brighton and Sussex to have their own threads but Hove nowhere to be seen, disgraceful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here