Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who remembers these comforting tones?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Indeed. Back in the mid Eighties I had a home computer which had to have the data loaded by cassette tape. Seems exactly the same noise as well, sometimes you had to adjust the volume for the computer to receive the data. Bit of a leap in technology from back then til now. Can't wait to see what is around thirty years from now!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Indeed. Back in the mid Eighties I had a home computer which had to have the data loaded by cassette tape. Seems exactly the same noise as well, sometimes you had to adjust the volume for the computer to receive the data. Bit of a leap in technology from back then til now. Can't wait to see what is around thirty years from now!

HaHa! Same!

I remember my ZX Spectrum had a cassette loading data input. Used to pray it didn't tangle, snap, or metallic particles flake off rendering the previous 20 minute loading time void!

I guess todays Internet will seem 'clunky' in 30 years, even less possibly!

I see that the ZX Spectrum is being re-released in April with hundreds of games pre-loaded including Jet Set Willy!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
HaHa! Same!

I remember my ZX Spectrum had a cassette loading data input. Used to pray it didn't tangle, snap, or metallic particles flake off rendering the previous 20 minute loading time void!

I guess todays Internet will seem 'clunky' in 30 years, even less possibly!

I see that the ZX Spectrum is being re-released in April with hundreds of games pre-loaded including Jet Set Willy!

Only mega rich people could afford the ZX Spectrum :whistle: I had to make do with this....

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Really? I seem to remember the MSX computers cost more than a Spectrum. I had an Acorn Electron, which also cost more iirc but I also really wanted a Spectrum :(

I recieved mine as a Christmas present from my parents. With 5 kids to buy for I don't think that they would have broken the bank to pay for it.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Jul 7, 2003
I used to support a rack of dial up modems. You could tell by the tones what speed they were connecting at after a while. I did eventually get a life!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here