Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stealthy Speed Camareas on M25

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is a strange story to bring up now, as there have been hundreds of speed cameras hidden behind signage gantries all round the M25 for several years, wonder why this story has been picked up by the papers and news sites.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is a strange story to bring up now, as there have been hundreds of speed cameras hidden behind signage gantries all round the M25 for several years, wonder why this story has been picked up by the papers and news sites.

Reported a couple of weeks ago that they were going to start using them ... have (largely) been switched off for years

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you stay on the legal side of driving then you will be fine

Well said although of course you'll invite the usual snidey comments from the toe-rags.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The new laser ones between 5 and 6 have been on for months since they did the smart motorway upgrade. They are attached to the side of the gantry, there are two in either direction. I see them going off all the time.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The new laser ones between 5 and 6 have been on for months since they did the smart motorway upgrade. They are attached to the side of the gantry, there are two in either direction. I see them going off all the time.

Good Grief! How many times have you been caught?

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
So at what speed are they set off 70+ mph,there's not many people on that stretch that don't do 80mph when traffic allow

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I would like to know the figures from the 'average speed cameras' within road works. Many 4x4's go through at 10 mph over easing up at the camera and foreign lorries go through at a steady 5 to 8 mph over. How many get a letter through the post?
40 plus years driving and one dodgy ticket from a questionable copper.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's quite simple. If you don't speed, you don't get caught. BUT. The speed limit should be 80.

You won't trigger the camera at 80mph, unless they have dropped the speed limit to 50mph or less. You have to really be taking the piss to get caught on the M25 cameras.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would like to know the figures from the 'average speed cameras' within road works. Many 4x4's go through at 10 mph over easing up at the camera and foreign lorries go through at a steady 5 to 8 mph over. How many get a letter through the post?
40 plus years driving and one dodgy ticket from a questionable copper.

I do not know of one person sent a ticket on an average speed check camera, I often go a bit quicker than the signage tells me, if the road is clear, no one is working on the roadside and I am not too pissed, not had one yet.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I do not know of one person sent a ticket on an average speed check camera, I often go a bit quicker than the signage tells me, if the road is clear, no one is working on the roadside and I am not too pissed, not had one yet.
That's am interesting point. I've never known anyone caught on average speed... has anyone?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not the answer I know but why build cars that can do 100 mph + when the speed limit is 70 why not fit a restriction mechanism to uk registered cars to make them incapable of doing more than 80 mph.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not the answer I know but why build cars that can do 100 mph + when the speed limit is 70 why not fit a restriction mechanism to uk registered cars to make them incapable of doing more than 80 mph.

Lots of cars these days have speed limitors but these are manually set, unlike commercial vehicles. If you are concerned just set it yourself or just ease up on the right foot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here