Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Fans Protest

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good to see they are directing their anger at the right place. I personally think Lambert has taken some massively unwarranted criticism, Villa's squad is commensurate with their position and with key injuries, which they have had, I reckon Lambert's done well to keep them afloat. Would gladly have him here.

I can see why the Villa fans are angry though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
"There have been too many seasons of under achievement and this great Club and its supporters deserve better."

Why? So many supporters of PL teams think they have a god given right to be successful. Especially for the well established clubs.

Villa have spent a fair amount on transfers over a number of seasons, the managers just seem incapable of signing anyone decent. If I was the owner I'd be keeping hold of my cash too!

I wonder if some of these mid/lower table clubs would actually benefit from a season in the championship to get rid of some dead wood, focus on younger players and restructure the club. If they can come back quickly it gives the whole club a lift, rather than the monotonous season after season battle against relegation. Must be depressing.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
"There have been too many seasons of under achievement and this great Club and its supporters deserve better."

Why? So many supporters of PL teams think they have a god given right to be successful. Especially for the well established clubs.

Villa have spent a fair amount on transfers over a number of seasons, the managers just seem incapable of signing anyone decent. If I was the owner I'd be keeping hold of my cash too!

I wonder if some of these mid/lower table clubs would actually benefit from a season in the championship to get rid of some dead wood, focus on younger players and restructure the club. If they can come back quickly it gives the whole club a lift, rather than the monotonous season after season battle against relegation. Must be depressing.

Surely that's the owners fault then for hiring managers/scouts who are unable to find talent or work with talent??

Jan 30, 2008

Premiership ready springs to mind :facepalm:
regards
DR

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
They are the ones hiring/keeping people on. If they are bad at their job then the boss/owner should find a replacement..
So if a manager hires a coach for the first team who turns out to be a bit useless, where does the blame lie? Would it be the manager for identifying the coach or would it be the owner for hiring a manger who hires poor staff?

My point is, I'm all for accountability but to lay the blame at the feet of the guy at the top each time seems unreasonable.

Another example, if Pep had been a disaster at Bayern and lost the dressing room within weeks, would that also have been the fault of the owner? Not trying to provoke any argument, genuinely interested.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope Nigel Kennedy can get his arse up there to support his team in their dark hours.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How many does that end hold?....what are they going to do- form an orderly queue outside then all try and get in on 8 minutes???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I dont think they have a god given right, I think they just want to be less shit.....

11 goals in the league is pretty dire.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
So if a manager hires a coach for the first team who turns out to be a bit useless, where does the blame lie? Would it be the manager for identifying the coach or would it be the owner for hiring a manger who hires poor staff?

My point is, I'm all for accountability but to lay the blame at the feet of the guy at the top each time seems unreasonable.

Another example, if Pep had been a disaster at Bayern and lost the dressing room within weeks, would that also have been the fault of the owner? Not trying to provoke any argument, genuinely interested.

I'm not saying the owner should take full responsibility but at the end of the day no decisions are made without the all clear from the owner, or who ever the owner feels can make them.

And regarding the Pep question, he didn't lose the dressing room though.. Can't really answer a made up scenario with no details.

el punal

I worked with a Villa fan about five years ago, in fact the same time that Albion played Villa in the FA Cup. At the time Martin O'Neill was in charge and Villa were doing well in the league and both cup competitions.

I asked the fan what he thought about O'Neill, and he said that he was boring, the team were boring and that Villa would be better off with a new, more dynamic manager. Fast forward five years and what have you got . . . . . ! Careful what you wish for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I worked with a Villa fan about five years ago, in fact the same time that Albion played Villa in the FA Cup. At the time Martin O'Neill was in charge and Villa were doing well in the league and both cup competitions.

I asked the fan what he thought about O'Neill, and he said that he was boring, the team were boring and that Villa would be better off with a new, more dynamic manager. Fast forward five years and what have you got . . . . . ! Careful what you wish for.

Yet Norwich fans will tell you that Lambert is the Messiah and his teams play fantastic football which was turned turgid by Chris Hughton. Funny old world.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How many does that end hold?....what are they going to do- form an orderly queue outside then all try and get in on 8 minutes???

Only 25-35% of fans will take part and even if it is 100%, it only takes a few minutes to fill or empty a stand from the concourse, where I assume they will be watching on tv. It's not an original idea but it can be effective if supported.

Personally I'd go for the bog rolls onto the pitch approach. It looks excellent and is handy if you get caught short.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I dont think they have a god given right, I think they just want to be less shit.....

11 goals in the league is pretty dire.

I was looking at the table last weekend and its extraordinary that they are 13th in the table when averaging just one goal every two games (although of course only three points from the relegation zone)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here