Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worlds Best Jobs

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
List what you believe to be the best 3 jobs in the world.

The best jobs for most would mix, good salary & job security, challenging & varied work, flexible / convenient hours providing a good work life balance.

So think hard. Try not to be hilarious and jump in with blow (job) or beer taster - remember it could become a busman’s holiday.

Mine;

1. Pilot
2. Sports car manufacture test driver
3. International Property Developer

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brewer.
Acedemic.
Lego set designer

no idea about salaries, but great jobs on the other counts i reckon.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Speed Boat Deliveryman
Golfing Companion
Knicker Fitter for Kelly Brook (Sorry couldn't resist)

Oct 25, 2003
i reckon premier league football is up there if your passion is football. Get paid an insane amount of money and have a pretty decent amount of time off

or if you're not that fussed about actually playing- a 2nd choice goalkeeper at a premier league club

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As above, the guy who follows all the England cricket tours, just to give a five minute piece to camera per day, for Sky Sports News - that's a pretty cushy number.

The position I used to have wasn't far off many people's idea of a dream job, mind. I was Sports Timing Manager, operating systems for my company at televised major sports events in the UK and all around the world. Olympic Games, World Championships, Swimming World Cup, Horse Racing, Speedway, Motorsport, etc. A week to a month at a time in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canada, Shanghai, Stockholm, Prague, Switzerland, Reykjavik, etc, etc. I did it for 10 years, then switched to a more desk based role, as I was spending too much time away from my family.

That's the thing though - the reality is probably never as glamorous as the perception. I for one had certainly had my fill of airports, hotels and swimming pools.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Long haul airline pilot (no point in doing short haul stuff and ending up back in Crawley every day).
Diving instructor (would have done this if I didn't get so badly seasick).
Secretary of State for Defence

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
One bloke I spoke to was an "assault course architect" which seemed like a lot of fun. Other than that Property developer abroad or maybe one of the Ice Road Truckers from TV.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The bass player for Coldplay or similar ie enjoy the benefits of being in a huge band without the hassle of being recognized.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i reckon premier league football is up there if your passion is football. Get paid an insane amount of money and have a pretty decent amount of time off

or if you're not that fussed about actually playing- a 2nd choice goalkeeper at a premier league club

You can't get shitfaced at Christmas though. And you have to be a 'role model'.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The bass player for Coldplay or similar ie enjoy the benefits of being in a huge band without the hassle of being recognized.

Too much time travelling for my liking. Don't they spend months at a time travelling round places? I'd rather have the freedom to go where I liked (and not have to spend every day with Chris Martin)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here