Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rudy Gestede

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
BBC Sport confirm several clubs looking at him.

He is what we're looking for. Be a great signing, but I think he is worth a few mil... Maybe out of our reach?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Gestede to Palace.

Murray to Albion.

Job done.

Gestede is a backup plan. We've had an £8.5m bid for Gomis accepted, but apparently he wants £70k a week and we're 'only' offering £55k.

Murray will probably be leaving though. We'll have 4/5 strikers ahead of him in the pecking order :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gestede to Palace.

Murray to Albion.

Job done.

Would we have to do a 'Dobbie Deal' ? ie bring him in for a maximum 93 days with a sneaky gap in the middle over the international break, and an agreement to sign him permanently at the end.

I believe Murray can only be signed on a 93 day loan due to playing for Reading on a half-season deal, and then Palace when he got back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we signed Murray on loan on 31st Jan that would take us up to approx 4th May but if we have ambitions orf play off leave it until the loan window opens in February would see him through to the play offs. Then purchase in summer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would we have to do a 'Dobbie Deal' ? ie bring him in for a maximum 93 days with a sneaky gap in the middle over the international break, and an agreement to sign him permanently at the end.

I believe Murray can only be signed on a 93 day loan due to playing for Reading on a half-season deal, and then Palace when he got back.

I thought Reading had some sort of clause which gave them first dibs on Murray in the transfer window?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought Reading had some sort of clause which gave them first dibs on Murray in the transfer window?

Yes, but they need to meet the fee, which may be difficult if they really are now owned by the only Thai 'billionaire' with no actual money.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Gestede is a backup plan. We've had an £8.5m bid for Gomis accepted, but apparently he wants £70k a week and we're 'only' offering £55k.

Murray will probably be leaving though. We'll have 4/5 strikers ahead of him in the pecking order :(

Gomis is a decent striker but seriously? Palace are playing a very dangerous game spending that sort of money on them sort of wages especially.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Salary will be right out of our reach I suspect......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We were offered Gestede on loan from Cardiff last January. Oscar declined him.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

55k a week? I thought you lot were against modern football and all it's nonsense... when it suits you I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here