Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ODI Triangular Series - England, Australia, India

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So the Cricket World Cup warm up really kicks into action now.

We've pretty much lost the first game against the convicts. Morgan scored an excellent 121 in an otherwise very disappointing 234 all out.

Australia cruising at 198-3 off 36 overs. The only game is to see if they pick up a bonus point as well as thrashing us.

Can't see this World Cup being anything other than embarassing for England. Only Anderson to come into the team played today today for a full strength side.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You just knew that the high scores in the warm up matches would lead to embarrassment. That 1st over today was on par with Harminson's first over debacle.

Sh*t happens, if a bowler is spot on first ball, which he was, these things can happen. Moeen and Buttler got themselves out, Morgan was brilliant. Woakes was good, Broad a bit rusty, Jordan his usual mercurial self (what a frustrating player) and Finn a bit dodgy. We lack a bit of variety in the bowling, nowt to get to upset about.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
According to Peter Moores we CAN beat anyone in the world.

That is reassuring.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That tattoo really is gubbins. He now looks like he has a series of boils all over his back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That tattoo really is gubbins. He now looks like he has a series of boils all over his back.

Just realise they have either put the phot on in negative, ie, the wrong way round or, has it been deliberately put on in negative so it looks correct for KP to admire in his bathroom mirror ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just realise they have either put the phot on in negative, ie, the wrong way round or, has it been deliberately put on in negative so it looks correct for KP to admire in his bathroom mirror ?

Rather like the old saying that "you are never more than 6ft away from a rat in London", KP is rarely more than 6ft away from a mirror, so I strongly suspect the latter.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What's everyones thoughts on the whole Pietersen situation? No denying he'd be probably our strongest batsman, bar Moeen Ali maybe.

I can't help but think about how weak our ODI squad really is when I watch us on TV.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
How many wides will Jordan bowl this World Cup ? Anything under 20 I'll take.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Stephen Finn took a 5-for and Anderson 4, as we roll over the Indians for 153.

Currently making light work of knocking them off.

If only we could play India, outside of India, on a nippy track every week. Is anyone watching? Is Finn resembling an international cricketer again now Flower's done ****ing up his action?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What's everyones thoughts on the whole Pietersen situation? No denying he'd be probably our strongest batsman, bar Moeen Ali maybe.

I can't help but think about how weak our ODI squad really is when I watch us on TV.

I'm not sure much has changed since this

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?310326-Pietersen-at-it-again&highlight=pietersen

Perhaps Pietersen should be charging the ECB a consulatancy fee though - Prior's never got near the international squad since the revelations, we've washed our hands of Cook as ODI captain.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Having too much fun and getting too much cash in The Big Bash, like Carberry and Stokes.[/QU
England dropped Carberry after The Ashes he didn't walk unlike others whose bottle went when the going got tough.How ironic he is earning big bucks in oz now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here