Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Coaching staff maybe, but we need better at RB. Harsh but true

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's the only one of the soon to be out of contract players I'd retain.

Sign him up now, please.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If he wants to keep playing I think it's time to let him go. Sorry, I love the bloke and would like him to stay here as a coach, he would be a great example for our youth teams. But in my view he is not up to standard for a team wanting promotion from this league anymore and the only way he'll get regular game time would be to leave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which then begs the question:-

'If not signed to a playing contract, should #14 be the first retired Albion shirt'?

It's a thread I've been meaning to write for a while, but the concept is so horrific I chose to just bury my head in the sand.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
One year, and start getting him involved with coaching.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Considering Bruno signed a new deal the other month and he is 34 i think we should be rebuilding our aging defense. Would have rather kept Caldy over Bruno though but not both. Time to bring in a younger right back. Be very gutted to see Caldy go and put on another teams shirt but we have to move on.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I would have like Calderon to have been the first name on the list for a contract extension at BHA.
Makes me quite sad to see some of the quotes here:

Calderon Extension - The Argus

Yes, he is a super ambassador for the club, and doubtless nice to his mum etc, but the point is surely -will he be up to it on the pitch. If you are convinced that he can go another year playing regularly, then fine, but if we award him a contract extension, because he is a jolly good chap, who will always turn up etc, then this is more questionable. There may be a role for him at the club in the future, which would please everyone, I am sure. But football is a business (yes, I know!!) and as with any other venture, you would wish to see a return for your money. No one would want their child to be taught by someone who was not quite up to it, but still on the school staff, because they are the life and soul of the staffroom.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
12 months, with an eye on bringing him into a coaching role. We clearly need a bit of youth in the defence with Bruno and Greer both getting on a bit. Having some young blood learn from Calderon is an exciting prospect.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO Calde coming back into the team, being the type of player he is - someone who will give everything to the cause - is one of the key reasons we started winning again. Less talented than Bruno? Yes. Better contribution? Yes.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I would have like Calderon to have been the first name on the list for a contract extension at BHA.
Makes me quite sad to see some of the quotes here:

Calderon Extension - The Argus

He has to be offered an extension, he plays with more commitment than all the loan deals who have played for us this season and he is ten years older than the majority of them.
If there is any truth in the reports that the club are talking to Andy Johnson who is the same age, would be an insult to Calderon if they are not talking to him about an extention, who has already probably played more games this season than Johnson has in the last two seasons.
Value for money it is a no brainer, Calderon should be signed first from the player budget.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He must be kept at the club in one capacity or another. I'm a whip-round on NSC would generate more than enough to pay his wages!

He wants to keep playing though for the next 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure a non-playing role would interest him at this stage.

He's younger than Bruno, still features regularly, sign him up for a year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will cry if he leaves, Calde is the BHAFC establishment now

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
One year, and start getting him involved with coaching.

12 months, with an eye on bringing him into a coaching role. We clearly need a bit of youth in the defence with Bruno and Greer both getting on a bit. Having some young blood learn from Calderon is an exciting prospect.

100%

Give him a final year and then offer him a coaching role with the youth/development squad with a view to a senior coaching position in the future.

Retire the shirt at the end of his final season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm not one of those who think the sun shines out of his hoop, but he's worth another year because of this alone:

Meanwhile Albion’s victory over the Addicks made it five games unbeaten, and the midfielder explained how the players have pulled together to help turn the club’s fortunes around.

“[Gordon] Greer and [Inigo] Calderon got us all together and we sat down as a team about how we need to grind out some results and fortunately we have done that.

“The boys all got together and said ‘we need to turn this around, we need to stick together and stay positive’ and that has really helped.

“We have come together as a team, we have a run of wins going and that is positive for us.

“We are a lot more together now, putting our bodies on the line, defending hard and it is paying off.”

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...redicts-goal-2195350.aspx#Z7020cPUVG8KjxZC.99

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He's younger than Bruno, still features regularly, sign him up for a year.

Absolutely this.

Your signature: No (sell now; got to assume that we're going to get a striker in this window); No; Meh; No (move Walton to the formal #2 spot); yes; yes (dur); no; yes; dunno.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
He is Brighton and Hove Albion thru and thru... we just must not let them let him go. Time for a banner, time for a major binfest, time to pummel TB, PB and CH with emails, IT'S TIME FOR THE PEOPLE TO SPEAK OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here