Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon sweating on a new deal with Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Inigo Calderon is sweating on a new contract offer from Albion.
The long-serving Spanish defender is waiting to hear whether the Seagulls still want him next season.
Right-back rival Bruno and captain Gordon Greer, both 34, were awarded one-year contract extensions last month.
Calderon’s deal expires at the end of the season.
The 33-year-old, who made his Albion debut five years ago today, told The Argus: “I would like to stay here. I think the club knows that. I cannot say more than that.
“If they want to call me I am more than open to stay here. Otherwise I will have to find a solution, because I want to keep playing.
“If it is here all the better, if not I’ll have to move somewhere else.
“I am fit and feeling good. I know I can play for two or three more years at least at a good level, so we’ll see. In football you never know where you are going to be, even tomorrow.
“If they wanted to sell me tomorrow in the window I’d have to go. I am just trying to keep my focus on the next game and the next training session.”
Calderon is expected to start for the sixth game in a row against Brentford at the Amex tomorrow. Bruno returned from a three-match ban as a midfield substitute in last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Charlton.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here