Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON: GIVE THE FANS A WINNING PERFORMANCE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton says it is vital that his team give a performance that the fans can be proud of against Brentford on Saturday.Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Hughton insists that his squad share the responsibility with the fans to generate an electric atmosphere inside the Amex.
He said, “I’m very conscious that the fans react to what they see. Of course, if they see a team that’s not winning matches then we all know that is when frustration sets in.
“That is normal and there isn’t one of our supporters going to the match on Saturday who doesn’t want us to win.
“We’ve got to do the best we can to make that happen, but also to give the supporters something to cheer about.
“Your average supporter wants to come to the game to support the team and enjoy what they see; that’s either a level of performance or the way a team have tried to win a game.
“They’re the ingredients that make supporters happy and that’s what we’ll try to do.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion go into the game off the back of three consecutive clean sheets, and Hughton has now challenged the squad to take their recent away form into three back-to-back home fixtures.“It’s always a massive confidence boost for us, especially for the more defensive members of the team and it’s something to build on.
“You can’t always win games by keeping clean sheets, as you’ve also got to have a philosophy to score goals; if you do that, then you always make the games more comfortable.
“But it’s always a nice feeling for a team when you’re on the back of clean sheets because you certainly know you’re not going to lose games.
“For whatever reason it has been difficult to get the results that the club have wanted at home this season.
“At most clubs they’re generally going to get more points at home than they are away. That’s not always the case, so I have a responsibility to the team to try and achieve that.
“Ideally you don’t want three home games as close as these are, but I think the FA Cup game takes care of itself a little bit and we are now just concentrating on the first game against Brentford.
“They played us not so long ago and I don’t think there is any advantage from us winning the last game [Albion won the last game 2-0].The only advantage is that we’re playing at our home stadium and they’re playing away, but it is going to be a very tough game.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h] saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h] WEDNESDAY 21ST JANUARY, kick-off 7:45pm

[h=3]Albion v arsenal
[/h] SunDAY 25TH januARY, kick-off 4pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here