Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poker

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Any poker players on here? Finished for tonight but off to ukipt London next week! Anyone else going?

Yes, play lots and have been sponsored and bankrolled prev. Days of big winnings for me (04-10) are past but still do OK. Was thinking of giving UKIPT a bash but chose us v The Gooners instead.

Good luck, get through day 1 and give yourself a chance!

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
Used to play a lot online but has become really tough over the last few years. Gotta put in the volume to have a chance at the big wins with big fields. Me and a few mates get together once a month for a home game and get to the grosvenor in Brighton a few times a year.

Dec 29, 2011
Used to play a lot online but has become really tough over the last few years. Gotta put in the volume to have a chance at the big wins with big fields. Me and a few mates get together once a month for a home game and get to the grosvenor in Brighton a few times a year.

Harder if you're from a place with a higher cost of living. In the next few years I can see an influx of South American/SE Asians who only need $50/day to live comfortably. They can put in hours reviewing hands and grinding tables and in general the standard of playing in low - mid limits is only going to get higher and harder to get any sort of good ROI.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I have never played, is it hard to learn?
Is there a good site to learn from?

Ten years ago it was easy.

Now very tough to win thosuands of people are staking and educating the low stake people.

Worth it for a dabble every now and again, I'll be playing 15-20 tournaments on pokerstars tomorrow if anyone wants to join!

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
Harder if you're from a place with a higher cost of living. In the next few years I can see an influx of South American/SE Asians who only need $50/day to live comfortably. They can put in hours reviewing hands and grinding tables and in general the standard of playing in low - mid limits is only going to get higher and harder to get any sort of good ROI.

Never mind the low to mid limits, most of the micro grinders are beasts too these days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here